x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JP757 and welcome to the Community.

Our Online Store doesn't offer automatic discounts like the regular Point of Sale does.

The Online Store just offers coupon codes you can read more about here.

Beta Member

How do I add a BOGO discount to my online store?  Also can I end coupons by certain time or is it only by certain date? For example if I only want a coupon code to be available from 8am-12pm?

Square Community Moderator

Hiya @Tyra8679 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread for this question.

Check out the Best Answer and answers throughout for more details.

Beta Member

BOGO isn't an option unfortunately.  That's what all of us on this thread want.  And I haven't found a way to set a time on coupons...only day☹

Beta Member

On our ecommerce site, we want to have our discounts automatically apply when a customer orders more than one of a specific item, like is set-up with the POS in our store.  Unfortunately, the online store doesn't use discounts, so we need to create a coupon.  The coupon will not allow you to set-up a coupon for a $ or % for a QUANTITY of specific item. Am I missing something?

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.  

create quantity discounts

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3955-create-and-manage-discounts

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Beta Member

Thanks Terri, but the issue is with ecommerce/online store.  This multi item discount works for us in the retail POS app, but you cannot do discounts online... only coupons.  Unless I am wrong.  

This needs to be added ASAP.  There have been a lot of promises in this and other threads mentioning that the dev team is "looking into it".  This would be extremely beneficial to online sellers. 

Beta Member

Thank you, How do we make a request to Square Online to apply automatic discounts from the square app OR, add a multi-item coupon to the e-commerce platform?

I just read the post about Online discounts NOT WORKING FOR ONLINE SALES!"  I wished this had been made clear in the instructions for setting up a discount for items, as I only started my business with Square with online sales.  I went through the instructions more than once to make sure I had fulfilled the information correctly.  Only after I had a customer pay for her items and the discount didn't not work did I realize there was a problem.  When I couldn't get a representative to respond or an online chat response, I emailed asking for advice.  Today I used the community chats and I realize that my online marketing will have to been withdrawn and refund my customers for the discount they didn't receive.  This is a terrible inconvenience and a problem that could have been avoided if the proper instructions/information had been stated.