x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments

Hi there! I am looking to set up a BOGO 50% off coupon to my online store for this weekend's sales but I can not figure out how to apply the 50% to just 1 item. All answers would be appreciated 😄

Square Community Moderator

Hi @KayRey17!

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community on how to set up BOGO discounts.

Hope this helps!

Super Seller

I saw a thread on this earlier.  Automatic discounts do not work online. 

It would be such a plus if all my automatic  discounts would sync with my online store, especially now when i am pushing online orders prepaid instead of in person transactions because of Covid19

Hey there @Ppfb

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! 

I see how this would benefit you and other sellers, especially during this time of COVID-19. This is great feedback for our Product Team, so I will go ahead and move your post to our Feature Request board. 

Does you (or anyone) happen know if this feature will be added? Because we are only doing online sales (during COVID-19), it's difficult for us to honor the discounts we have already communicated to our customers.

Thanks.

Hi there, @Shannon-Soaked. Thanks for reaching out and checking in on this feature. We are actively working towards bringing Online Store discounts into the fold. We will continue to push out new updates here on this thread as we have more information to share. Thanks for your patience!

Need this added to the online store asap!!! PLEASE!!!

Thanks for chiming in, @CrazyDave! Noted! We will update you here when we have news to share. Thanks so much! 

I agree that this is needed asap. I am trying to drive traffic to my site and offer a discount for anyone who signs up for our mailing list.