x
Highlighted

Feature Request: Edit visibility of items in Online Store from Square Point of Sale app

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Automatically add new items as Visible to online store?

In the square sync settings, we can toggle if adding a new item will display as unavailable or not. But doing this only adds the item as Hidden. Is there a way to set up new items to automatically be added is Visible instead? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Automatically add new items as Visible to online store?

Something sounds off here, @rguzman. If you have the Mark newly imported items as "Unavailable" online setting toggled off, any items added to the Item Library in your Square Dashboard should be automatically Visible on your Online Store. 

I just tested adding a new item through my Square Dashboard, and this seems to be working as expected - it appeared automatically as Visible. Here are a few things that will cause an item be appear as Unavailable when added through your Square Dashboard:

• Adding an item without adding a price
  • You have not made the item available at the location synced to your Online Store

• Adding an item with variable prices (multiple price points for one item)

These tips should be a good jumping off point! If you're still unsure, head over to this thread for more guidance, and reach out directly if things still don't seem to be working as they should.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

@Valentina Ah yes, I just tried it with a brand new item and it worked. I guess I didnt really ask the right question. Now I'm realizing it has nothing to do with the Mark newly... button at all.

Each item as an "Online Checkout" toggle on it. Toggling it off changes the item from "Visible" to "Unavailable" and removes it from the site, as it should.

Now if I toggle it back on, the item changes from "Unavailable" to "Hidden".

My assumption was that toggling the "Online checkout" button on would treat the item as new which is why I mentioned the Mark newly button, but now I see that thats not the case.

Is there a way to make toggling the "Online Checkout" button automatically change an item from "Unavailable" to "Visible" instead of defaulting to "Hidden"?

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Before I dig in, can you confirm if this is the Online Checkout setting you're asking about?

If so, this setting is intended to provide you with a Square Online Checkout link for the item that you are editing. These links take your customer directly to one item, and are great for email and social media purposes.

Definitely let me know if this isn't the setting you're asking about, @rguzman.

Valentina
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

@Valentina Yes, that’s the button. 

If the intended function of the button is just to provide a direct link to the item, should it be removing that item from the store at all? Cause it is definitely useful for removing items quickly when not taking stock Into account.

Right now, I have my store set up, and when toggling that option off it will remove that item from my store (which is fine), but to re-add the item I have to go into the online store item settings and change the item to “Visible”. Which is less than ideal on the fly during business hours. I was hoping there was an easier way to set to “Visible” from the Square app.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

The expected behavior when toggling an Online Checkout link OFF, then ON again, is for the item Visibility to remain Hidden. The reason for this is to allow you the option of selling exclusive items or an item at a special price to customers with whom you share the Checkout Link with. This article about selling hidden items explains this in a bit more depth.

There isn't a way to change the visibility settings of an item in your Square Online Store through the Square Point of Sale app at this time. However, you can access your Square Online Store settings at any time by logging into your Square account on your mobile device using a Chrome web browser, and navigating to your Online Store editor.

I'd even recommend bookmarking your Dashboard on your device - this is currently the best way to edit your item visibility on the fly. I hope this helps, @rguzman!

Valentina
Message 6 of 6