x

Cutoff time and more customizable hours for online orders?

Cutoff time and more customizable hours for online orders?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: I want to customize my hours so that we have a cutoff for placing orders and a delay for pickup

As the title suggests, we need custom hours like this:

Saturday through Monday accepting orders for pickup Wednesday 12:00 to 6:00 (Tuesday all day is for preparation and Wednesday morning is for baking, slicing, and packaging)

Tuesday through Thursday accepting orders for Saturday 12:00 to 6:00

This is for a sourdough bakery so the preparation, cooking, and packaging takes a day and half

Thanks so much for your help!

Doug Tomison

RealTimeBreads.square.site

50 Comments
Admin

Thanks for posting, @RealTimeBreads. If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like what you want to do is set your pick up hours as Wednesday and Saturday only from 12PM to 6PM, then set your item prep to something like 2 days. That will mean that a person has until Thursday to place an order for Saturday, and until Monday to place one for Wednesday.

Yes, very concise summary. I think another way to look at it is when the order time for Wednesday delivery closes, the window for Saturday opens, and vice versa

Admin

That makes sense. Both of these options can be set in Settings > Pickup and Delivery, and are covered in our In-store Pickup guide.

Great help but I still have one problem. Because I am not showing pickup hours on other days, I can't specify prep times because they are not business days. If I do it bypasses the next pickup date, counting that open day as a business day. If I specify two prep days it bypasses two dates. I tried enabling the other days for zero hours but the system just removes the checks from those days. I kind of have it working but it will allow somebody to place an order during a prep day. Can I switch to calendar days instead of business days? Thanks for all of your help, this is already much better!

Admin

Hmm... When you say that it bypasses two dates with the prep date set to two days, what do you mean? 

Same issue here. Pickup on Tuesdays and Fridays, but the pickup date skips Tuesday and jumps to Friday. I took Friday out, then the pickup date jumps ahead to NEXT Tuesday.

Admin

Our engineers are taking a look to see if this is what it should be doing or not, @ZilkeKitchen. If it's broken they'll definitely fix it.

I got a reply, copied below from Customer Success. Apparently countdown only works for days open, "forcing" stores to be open every day. I had to turn it off. Zero prep time for prepared foods, in our case, offered 2 days a week, means I have to allow orders in real time. Obviously during the pandemic - or anytime, really - for my business model, it makes a difference to me whether I'm preparing 10 or 150 meals by 2pm.

Weebly Customer Success <weebly@help-messaging.squareup.com>
Hello there,

The best way to understand Prep time is to think of it as a countdown timer that can only start during Business hours (the pickup and delivery hours are going to be considered the business hours by the system). As it is currently set up, there are only 3 hours of operation on one day a week, so the system will only start that count down during business hours (as it essentially thinks those are the only 3 hours you are open), and as of right now it will not allow orders to be fulfilled until April 14th (as that "timer" won't start until the next business day which is this coming Tues, but as there are only 3 hours of operation on that day, that is not enough "prep time" to be fulfilled on that day, so it chooses the next available time (the following tuesday after that.)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Weebly Customer Success

"Hello there,

The best way to understand Prep time is to think of it as a countdown timer that can only start during Business hours (the pickup and delivery hours are going to be considered the business hours by the system). As it is currently set up, there are only 3 hours of operation on one day a week, so the system will only start that count down during business hours (as it essentially thinks those are the only 3 hours you are open), and as of right now it will not allow orders to be fulfilled until April 14th (as that "timer" won't start until the next business day which is this coming Tues, but as there are only 3 hours of operation on that day, that is not enough "prep time" to be fulfilled on that day, so it chooses the next available time (the following Tuesday after that.)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Weebly Customer Success"

That being said, we are not necessarily trying to understand prep time, we are trying to use this tool to run our businesses and we are open for deliveries two days per week and we prep the previous day. One way to correct it is to allow prep time to be either open days or calendar days. Another way might be to allow working days that are separate from open days.

Thanks for your help in this!

Doug T.

This is a HUGE issue. When can we set cutoff hours for daily orders? Example: order by 3pm (then the guest can set their preferred pick up time). The only way to bypass this now is to set a 3 hour prep time.  Which forces all late afternoon orders to default to three hours later/ basically end of service. 
The goal is to add an order cutoff time that is separate from prep time. Your team can engineer this essential business function. thank you!