x

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Inventory: Can you bundle items together as a single item or special?

We have multiple products for the same price.   We offer a 3 for $20 special, which is a mix & match of any three products.   How do I handle the inventory count?   Do I need to add each item with the discounted amount, so at check out I would have to select three discounted items?   Or do I add each item at the regular amount and apply an overall discount?

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create a Gift Basket, to be sold as one item, pulling numerous items from s...

Hey @FurnishbyIsa and welcome to the Community!

This isn't something we offer at this time. 

This would be a feature request we can pass up but I haven't seen any other requests for this yet. Hopefully other sellers who are looking for this can add onto the thread!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Can square reduce inventory of two different items sold as one?

Hi there!

Unfortunately for bundle created items that combine two separate items together will not reduce your inventory for each. 

What you can do is create a discount and apply it to the sale when both items are purchased together.

This will reduce your inventory and also reduce the price to the amount that you like. 

Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to track inventory with a mix & match 3 for $20 special?

Hey @Baconation, thanks for surfacing!

I can see how this would be a bit tricky for your 3-for-$20 special, especially since inventory is a high priority.

Depending on how you need to track your items, I have three suggestions:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

I understand how automating this would be super helpful for your business and I'll be sure to share your experience with our product liaison team. 

Find step-by-steps on applying discounts in our Support Center.

Hope this helps clear things up for now. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

291 Comments

I would like to build combos. Like burger, fries and a small pop. This way all items would come out of inventory. 

Hello @bdrivein, that's a great question! Currently, this is a feature request. Right now to have the burger, fries, and pop removed from their respective inventory categories you will have to add each individual item to the sale. I don't have a timeline on when this feature might be available. 

If you still have questions please let me know. 

Beta Member

How about have a sale items, such as 2 for $3?

Normally $1.99, but when you buy two or more, it adjust to $1.50 each.

or second one is at $1.... 

is there a way to make this happen already? 

Admin

Thanks for bringing this up, @cornerstore. A few other sellers brought up this request in another thread, have a look here for more information: Can you bundle items together as a single item or special? Hope that helps make things a bit more clear.

Hello,

I am using square register and have a question about grouping inventory.  We have some items that are for sale individually but also we have made a custom basket which includes several inventory items.  Is there a way to have it so if a basket sells that it will reduce the inventory of all the items in the basket?

Example:

Let say I have a qty of 15 of item 1 and a qty of 10 for item 2.  Both item 1 and item two are for sale on the shelf but I have taken one of each and included them into the basket.  The total basekt already has a price set so thats not a problem.   If I sell the basket do I have to go into each item and manually remove it from inventory?

Hello @ClayCreations! I've gone ahead and merged your thread with another since this question has been asked before.

Currently we don't offer group inventory, but we are tracking the feedback on this thread! 

I have silk flower retail shop where I need to create a product kit/bundle. I would like to have a primary/bundle sku for the arrangement, that includes the sku's for the different flower and vases that make up that arrangement.

When I build that primary sku/bundle to put on the retail floor, inventory should adjust so product on hand for the skus that are in this bundle do not show availble. Because I have custom and finished arrangements being able to have inventory adjust when I have created the primar sku to put on the retail floor for sale. Adjusting after sale will not work for many reasons. This is a primary feature for manufactuing inventory tracking but necessary for handmade or custom retail products like flower arrangements.

Thanks!

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Altered-Decor

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as our Inventory Team is actively tracking this request here. 

Unfortunately, the sale of bundled items will not reduce the inventory of individual items at this time. 

Check out some of the workarounds and solutions from your fellow sellers in this thread and hopefully this will help out for the time being. 

I would also love this feature.  An example for my company - I sell beer flights. Each flight comes with four glasses.  It would be great if when the person was checking out, automoatically a flight and four glasses came out of inventory instead of having to take them out manually.

Please dont take this as a insult.. Why does it take two years for consideration with no apparent responce from square?  This is a feature a large number of reasturant use.  It seems a bit complacent on the part of people responsible for addressing this issue.  I recomment they say we are not doing it, plan to do by .....  or something.  As I said from the dates on the post the "consideration" its been going on for about two years. This projects to people what seems to be a what ever attitude.  Do you have any info on the feature review process?