x
Beta Member

Feature requests for using Square as a general contractor

I wish Square would come out with something geared toward Gerenal Contraction/ Constructon.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Hey @BosHandyman - Welcome to the Community!

Do you mind sharing what specific features you are looking for that would help with General Contractor/Construction businesses?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Contractor sorry. Square has a lot of features now that work well with my construction company. Invoice, appointments are very nice. Estimates could use being able to add photos, more item description ability. The online shop could use a little adjustment to allow appointments to work within. Gear it to service type work ie: plumber,electrician, handyman, house cleaners and so on. Over all Square is very useful to us little guys and I appreciate that. 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Thank you @BosHandyman, I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team. We're always looking for ways to add new features and improve existing ones based on seller feedback.

If anything else comes up that you wish Square had let us know here in the Community! There might be a workaround we can share in the meantime.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Being able to add attachments to estimates. 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Thank you! You can add attachments to invoices (so, after you convert an Estimate to an Invoice you'd see this option) but I see how it would be handy to be able to add something right off the bat. I'll share your request with the Estimates team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 8

Are we able to convert invoices to an estimate? or duplicate an invoice to use as an estimate? 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @FCE

At this time, Estimates can be converted to Invoices but not the other way around. Also, both estimates and invoices can be duplicated on their own but not one into the other. Your questions are really good ideas and for this reason, I would like to invite you to submit this as a Feature Request here.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8