x

Feedback on a self checkout app for square

My startup has been developing a 3rd party app for square that allows square users to offer self-checkout (a mobile POS that customers can bring up in their browser). Our initial conversations have been with food truck vendors and non-profits. Some of the initial features suggested have been:

• Selecting which items are self-checkout (or specificy fixed donation amounts)
  • Ability to scan existing barcodes and / or link an nfc tag to an item (tap and go)
  • no additional app to download (browser based)

I've seen a couple of posts related to self-checkout and was wondering if self-checkout would help you and what features you might be interested in seeing (any comments / feedback welcome as well). Thanks so much

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

I would be interested in a self checkout for my business. I'm a K9 trainer and I have training gear that I sell but we are small so I don't have anyone helping me check out customers along with having back to back lessons. A self checkout would be great for my customers.

Message 2 of 3

Yes!!

However in my case I am primarily interested in being able to customize the interface.  For example, I could have instructions on the screen, step by step that walks the customer through it.  I could customize the buttons and their locations, etc.

Do you have an update on you work? I'm very interested!!

Message 3 of 3