x

Female and Male Massage Therapist Labels for Online Booking

Hi,

This question is with regard to Square Appointments bookings at a spa. When the spa opened, there was one male therapist and one female therapist. So, the online booking system was set up so that the female therapist’s nickname was Female Therapist and the male therapist’s nickname was Male Therapist. This way, when a customer went to book online, they would be presented with a choice of Female Therapist or Male Therapist. 

Now, for example, the spa has multiple female therapists. How can the spa retain the previously mentioned choice of Female Therapist or Male Therapist without showing Female Therapist multiple times (once for each female therapist if all of their nicknames were set to Female Therapist)? We do not wish to show the individual therapists’ names. 

Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @nj41

I'm not sure I'm understanding your post correctly. When you mention repeating the selection of Female or Male therapist, was this during the process of booking multiple services? Or were you wanting the Appointments Booking software to remember that particular customers preference in the future? 

Message 2 of 4

If I have staff member A that I nickname “Female Therapist”, staff member B that I nickname “Female Therapist”, and staff member C that I nickname “Male Therapist”, then on the online booking page, customers would have to choose between 3 staff: Female Therapist, Female Therapist, and Male Therapist. This is weird, because Female Therapist is shown twice. Right now, I only have one account set up for a female and one for a male, so customers choose between Female Therapist and Male Therapist. This makes sense and is user friendly. How can I set up the system to behave the same but with 3 therapists as mentioned above — where they still only see those two options (Female Therapist and Male Therapist), but when they click Felmale Therapist, they see availability for BOTH of the female therapists and not the male?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@nj41 Thanks for clarifying that. 

Unfortunately there isn't a good solution for this, as the Appointments Booking tool was built to book by Staff Member and Service with no additional booking layer in advance of those options. 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that might help, but there aren't any specific solutions that I can think of seeing for that specific setup. 

Message 4 of 4