x

First and second class postal rates

I want to set multiple postal options for customers in a region to select.

e.g On checkout, UK customers could choose First class post (default), Second class post, or First class Tracked.

I will have weights set for each item, so will set weight ranges and prices for each of the postal class options.

I cannot see this in the FAQ. Has this been raised already?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

If you have a current profile that includes England etc you can edit it and add rates for 1st Class, 2nd Class etc

13B45AFF-705F-4600-8E35-3A592CC4372A.jpeg

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @StephenClose, thanks for posting! This is a really great question.

You can set up shipping profiles on your Square Online Overview page, which will give you the flexibility of deciding which locations you will deliver to and how much you will charge. To get started:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page.
  2. Select Fulfilment > Shipping.
  3. Confirm the Dispatching from address. This address is used to determine the delivery rates and carriers (USPS, FedEx, etc.) available in your location. If youโ€™re dispatching from a different location, click Edit Address to make changes.

Once you have done that, it should give you an option to Add a Shipping Profile. You can then add the countries and rates you'll be delivering for, as well as the courier carrying out those deliveries. 

If you are calculating your shipping rates by weight, you can set your own rates based on the weight of all items in an order. This can work well when you ship within a limited area. However, this option will not take into account the distance to the destination or what carriers actually charge. Youโ€™ll need to make sure that youโ€™ve specified a weight for each of your items.

Check out this article which gives an overview of the different shipping options you can choose from when managing your Shipping Profiles. 

Let me know if that helps! 

Message 2 of 4

@k_atie  When I try to Add a Shipping Profile, I cannot select UK countries (England, Scotland, Wales or N Ireland) to the new profile. Do I first have to edit or delete the default profile that has these countries included?

Can I set up multiple profiles for the same countries (e.g. First class, second class and tracked mail)?

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

If you have a current profile that includes England etc you can edit it and add rates for 1st Class, 2nd Class etc

13B45AFF-705F-4600-8E35-3A592CC4372A.jpeg

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 4 of 4