x

Footer of marketing emails showing previous business address and name?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: change footer info in emails]

Hi, i changed my business name in square successfully but when i send marketing emails the old name is always in the footer section, the subject line, and in the business name and logo box. how can i change these areas so they match?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Laurenxlo!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please verify that you've updated your business information in the following two places:

1) Locations within the Online Dashboard.

2) Receipts within the Online Dashboard.

Let me know if you've already adjusted the information in both those places and are still seeing the previous information. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Laurenxlo!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please verify that you've updated your business information in the following two places:

1) Locations within the Online Dashboard.

2) Receipts within the Online Dashboard.

Let me know if you've already adjusted the information in both those places and are still seeing the previous information. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 14

Ah yes, That worked! Thank you very much. @isabelle 

Message 3 of 14

Hi seems like I'm having the same issues as well, both places are updated with my new business name. What can I do?

Message 4 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Carnation-E, I am sorry to hear you are running into this as well. It looks like @JustinC stated above it does have to be changed when you create the campaign. If you are still having issues please let me know! 

Message 5 of 14

I am creating multiple email campaigns for multiple locations in Square Marketing, but every email campaign lists one location instead of changing for the different locations. I picked the location we are sending to on the first page when creating campaign, but all are still listing one specific site in the footer. How do I change this?

Message 6 of 14
Admin

Hey @Isaiah117-

Take a look at @Isabelle_'s Best Answer on this thread. Give us a shout if it's still not updating for your for any reason.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 14

I am trying to make a square email campaign and the Business Name is not correct in the Footer. I have change the business name in the receipts and in the locations, however the footer still has a old business name.  How do I fix this?  I can not find anywhere that still has the old business name, except in Footer

Message 8 of 14
Alumni

Hmm, usually the business name updates on your email campaign when it's edited from Account & Settings > Business > Locations. Make sure you change the Business name field, as the Nickname field is not customer-facing. 

First, try switching to a supported browser if you haven't already. Google Chrome is most preferred. If that didn't help and your Locations tab is reflecting the correct biz name, give our Customer Engagement Team a buzz to confirm if you're encountering a bug. 

@RichRuel

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 14

I am having the same problem. I have changed my name in receipts and location. Only place I see my old name is on footer of email marketing. 

@RichRuel did you find a solution for this?

Message 10 of 14
Alumni

It sounds like you've already tried following the directions provided by @isabelle here, @SOSN - thank you for running through those steps! Did you see @JustinC's tip above? Could be worth taking a look at if you didn't see the suggestion yet.

If you're still seeing the old name pop up on marketing emails, I'd recommend reaching out directly. Our team can take a closer look with you to determine why your new name isn't at the bottom of those emails.

Valentina
Message 11 of 14

When I send marketing campaigns, the display name on who the email is from and the business name at the bottom of the email show an old business name. 

I've verified that my locations have been updated (including the Business name field - not just Nickname) and the receipts information is updated as was suggested in this post.

The old name that's showing I can't find in any of my Square settings anywhere, so I'm not sure where else to make the changes from or if I'm somehow experiencing a bug.

Message 12 of 14
Alumni

Hey @Shannon-Soaked You'll need to change it when creating the campaign: 

Justin
Message 13 of 14

Ok, thanks, I will give this a try. 

Message 14 of 14