x

How do I let customers add a note to an item, or add a note to their Square Online order itself?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: New Square Online Store: How do I add a note to each online order product?

I need my customers to be able to add a name to each product ordered through the online store. 

I own a soda shop, and want them to be able to order ahead, but be able to add a name to each drink they order.  possible?

Message 1 of 136
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MixtapeBushwick-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Within the Square Online Store, in Shared Settings > Checkout > Checkout Experience, click on the Edit customer inputs button. From there, check the option to Allow customer to leave a note to seller:

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.33.20 AM.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 136
135 REPLIES 135
Beta Member

how should customer write order note for online orders. I need a solution for that. can you please help

Message 106 of 136
Admin

Hey @Pizzamia! 🍕 

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 107 of 136

We have awards/patches that we can sell to customers if they can "prove" that they earned that award/patch. Is there a way to have a form so that our customers can upload a picture for proof or fill out information upon making their payment so that we can verify that they earned the award before shipping it to them?

Message 108 of 136

Just suggestions. You could use facebook and instagram or even messenger but I understand not everyone uses those apps. I looked in forms and other options but I didn't see anything.  Someone else may have a better suggestions.

Message 109 of 136
Alumni

@alchemyhbshop Thanks for chiming in! Great suggestions to keep in mind 🙏

@NFAA Square Online doesn't have the ability for customers to upload files during checkout, but adding a Contact Form might help. They're customizable too. 

Also, enable a notes field at checkout so customers can leave a custom message. Checkout Isabelle's answer on this thread for steps. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 110 of 136

I would like my customers to have the option of writing notes to me on their receipt but can't find a section to add for them to be able to do that.

Message 111 of 136
Alumni

For In-store receipts, turn on Feedback which allow customer to rate their shopping experience and send a custom message to you. 

From Dashboard > Customers > Settings > Feedback

There isn't a feedback option for online order confirmation emails but enabling NOTES gives customers the ability to add a message when checking out.  

@handsofhannah

Justin
Message 112 of 136

I need to collect additional information from customers at checkout such as name of school.  How do I set that up?

Tags (1)
Message 113 of 136
Alumni

Enable a notes field at checkout which allows customers to leave a custom note before they place their order. 

I moved you to the thread you're looking for! Check out the best answer up top. @JulieA

Justin
Message 114 of 136

HI All-  we're doing a lot of virtual events these days. So much so that we'd like to require the customers to add notes to their order before completing the purchase. Does anyone know if this is possible? For example, quite often a corporate sponsor will buy a virtual table for an online auction. This is like a real auction event where they have might have 10 guests at their company table at the auction. We'd like to require the customer to specify which sponsor 'table' they are purchasing a seat for. The notes field seems like the easiest way to accomplish this.

Thanks for any ideas/feedback the community  can offer!

Steve

Vibrant Table Virtual Events

Message 115 of 136
Alumni

You're right, Notes at checkout would work or text box modifiers which allows customer to enter a custom message when selecting the table item on your site. 

@vtvirtual

Justin
Message 116 of 136
Beta Member

How do I add an Item Note field for my online store? I was looking at another Square customer's site and they have an Item Note field for some items that allow free form text to be added to the item before being added to the cart. This would be very helpful in some of our items.

Message 117 of 136
Alumni

Ahhh, sounds like you're looking to enable Text Modifiers. No worries - I gotchu! Merged you to a thread where @Helen walks through how to set this up in her best answer. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 118 of 136

I am trying to follow your instructions on how a customer can add notes to their order, but I am not seeing Text Modifiers. Please Help! 

Message 119 of 136

For online store, is there a way to add a "special instructions" option for customers to type in their additional requests?

Example if they are ordering a coffee and at the end they want to express

"I would like less ice and extra milk"

Is there a way to add this option in?

Thank you!

Message 120 of 136
Admin

Hey there @sophiesbh- Sounds like you're looking for Text Modifiers like the ones explained above on this thread. Check it out and let us know if you have other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 121 of 136

How do I add a custom field to the checkout form on Weebly?  I would like to allow my customer to place order online while dining in and inform us what table they are sitting on. A drop down list is ideal. Thanks in advance

Message 122 of 136
Admin

Hey @AlexYamamoto- We don't have a way to choose from a drop down like you're speaking of. But it sounds like text modifiers could work for you! 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 123 of 136
Beta Member

Hello,

I run a cake shop and I use the Online Item checkout a lot. It's pretty convenient.  However, sometimes customers want to order cakes with a message on them. For example, a customer may want "Happy Anniversary", "Get well,. have not been able to find a way that allows customer to tell me what they want written on their cake. Options and modifiers do not have a free text option. 

Any ideas?

Message 124 of 136
Alumni

Hey @jmazorra

Actually, there is a free-text modifier option in the Online Store. @Helen walks you though set up on this thread. 

Justin
Message 125 of 136

I am selling a digital file item that will be emailed to customers. I need to make sure their order gives me their email address, but I also need a field where they can enter their school name. Is this possible?

Message 126 of 136