x
Super Seller Alumni

Free Item Discount?

I love the new email marketing feature of creating a Discount that applies only to certain items in an in store transaction, rather than a dollar amount or percentage. 

Id love to be able to create a Discount like that on my tablet Point of Sale. 

Is that possible or coming soon? 

Right now, I just have a Discount that is the dollar amount of the specific item, but it can be abused and applied to any item. Doing the "free Item" like the email coupon will make sure that it's only applied to the correct item and not any purchase. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Welcome to the community, @pessosices — thanks for sharing! 🙂

I went to check on this and, while there isn't a timeline for an item-specific or restricted discount as you've described in Point of Sale, I will share your post with our Product Liaison team.

Please feel free to reply here with any questions and keep an eye on our Support Center for updates: Create and Manage Discounts.

Appreciate your patience as we're constantly working to make improvements based on seller feedback!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks @Tom - Hope it goes through!

I think this would be a great and easy addition, plus a huge fix for us and other sellers!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 7

I heartily second this! We have a lot of promotion in our store, and right now the only way I can make that happen is to have the barcode for the 1 @ Regular Price and then the same barcode for the PROMO deal. However this doesnt accurately track inventory which is really frustrating.

So yes, please create an option for discounts/get one free options that show up when you select and item and it tracks inventory properly regardless of whether it was a promo price or a regular price.

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @Jacks143 - we appreciate you checking in on this thread!

This is a feature that our Product Teams are still actively working towards. While we don't have an accurate timeline to share just yet, we will continue to update this thread with all relevant news. 

Thanks so much for your patience!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Can customers view the available free items at the register ? I offer a variety of free items after the customers reach certain amount of points 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vitosbakery, thanks for reaching out with your question!

It sounds like you're offering a multi-tiered loyalty program to your customers.

In this instance, if the customer is completing their transaction with the payment card that is linked to their loyalty profile, they will automatically be shown any available rewards during checkout. Once rewards are redeemed or skipped, you can proceed to checkout as normal.

It's important to note that your customer will receive SMS messages when they enroll in your loyalty program, when they earn points, when they are eligible for a reward, or when their points are expiring. They can unsubscribe from SMS messages at any time.

You can view Get Started with Square Loyalty for more on this process. 

Let us know if you have any further questions here. 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7