x

Fulfillment (prep time) does not allow at set delivery time

We are a farm currently set up on the restaurant square site. We are trying to establish set pick up & delivery times. In our order fulfillment section it does not seem to be possible to pick an exact time that customers can expect the receive their order. 

Is there a way to establish one pick up time rather than saying  " X days from the time of order, their order will be ready"?  This is confusing for the customer because their checkout says the wrong time as the date is from the time they made their order. 

Is there are way to not include fulfillment time at all?

_______

Perhaps - we should have set up as a retail to have avoided this issue. 

Is there a way to transfer an established shop from restaurant to retail on square?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

While your customers should be able to schedule a Pickup order, they will also have the option to schedule their Pickup for a specific time during your business' open hours, @noka. I just want to make sure we're on the same page here before digging in.

It sounds like what you're saying is that right now, if a customer places an order on Monday at 2:00 PM, and your set Order Prep time is 2 days, your customers are seeing on the receipt that they can come pick up their order on Wednesday at 2:00 PM. What you'd like for your customers to see is that their order will be ready on Wednesday, without a reflection of the time at which they placed their order - is that right?

Also, your order setting options through your Square Online Store shouldn't be related to whether you're using Square for Retail versus Square for Restaurants.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

What I'm looking to do is set up a one-time pick-up and a one-time delivery option for two dates of my choosing.  (Picture a one-day plant pick-up on the farm followed by a one-day delivery into town) The dates are weeks out at this point, and they are on two different days of the week. 

I don't know how to manipulate the business hours or the prep time to reflect those two dates for people when they check out.  I'd rather just not have the prep-time option at all and have a way to let shoppers know - this is the date you can come pick up your stuff; and this is the date I will bring it to your home.

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hey @noka! Stepping in for Valentina while she's out - sorry your post slipped through the cracks. 

Thanks for giving us more insight into what you're looking to do. Right now, the ability to customize delivery/pickup options for a specific date hasn't been added yet.

For pickup, a prep-time is required, but as a workaround, perhaps you can set it to be ready immediately (the "no prep time" option) but add your pickup dates in the pickup instructions box from the Site Editor:

1. Go to Settings > Pickup & Delivery. 
  2. Next to your location, click the blue Edit Location option.
  3. Scroll down to Pickup Settings > Edit.
  4. Below, add a blurb about your policy under How will customers pick up their orders.

Note: There is no instructions box for for delivery. Probably not ideal, but give it a shot and let me know if this works for you.

Justin
Message 4 of 9

That would work, but the biggest boldest words shoppers see at checkout and in their confirmation e-mails are : Your order is ready immediately

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

@noka eek! yeah, I know 😖 I can see how this causes confusion for your customers too when reading their confirmation email. 

Again, not perfect but it's the best solution I can think of for the time being while our eComm Team works up something better. Opening the floor to other sellers who might have other workarounds for you. Feel free to chime in! 

Justin
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

@JustinC I have this same issue. We have specific delivery dates set up for specific towns around us and need an option to input that information isntead of hours minutes and days from time of ordering. Any idea on the timeline for this? Its going to cause great confusion for our customers and possibly some not so happy ones. Please let us know ASAP, thank you! 

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

@thetamalemanstl

You got it. We'll keep you looped in! 

Justin
Message 8 of 9

@JustinC  Checking in to see progress on specific date pick ups. It would be super helpful if I could pick custom date rather than a fulfillment prep time. Any new information? 

Message 9 of 9