x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239

Another problem with the line item method for shipping is that it also charges tax to that item, despite the fact that when I created the line item, I specifically said not to tax it.  But because other items in the invoice have to have tax assessed, it is including the shipping fee in the tax calculation.  This should be a non-issue for a merchant services company.  We also are having to consider switching to Paypal because of this issue.  

Message 169 of 240
Square

@cauleyj - Thanks for taking the time to share your insight and feedback. We'll be sure to pass it along! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 170 of 240

Paypal takes a percentage of shipping charge as well. Ihave yet to find a company that doesnt. 

Message 171 of 240

If you set the item called "Shipping" in your register to not have sales tax (when you create this item) it will not add tax on it.  You can put the tax rate only on items that you want to charge tax on. I split several of my orders into product and services and the services don't have tax. Hope that helps.

Message 172 of 240

Are you still with Square or have you switched to PayPal? I've been going inbetween them two, however Square offers so much more.

Message 173 of 240

We still use square.  The POS application is beyond anything paypal offers and the ipad interface is exactly what we wanted.  We hope to eventually upgrade to the entire POS system with drawer and printer.  

Message 174 of 240

I had to move all my invoicing to pay pal because square will not address the shipping issue.  It has been many months that we have been stating our problem, If the ever fix it I will come back to using square.

Message 175 of 240

How do you request customer shipping address when sending a Square Invoice?

Tags (2)
Message 176 of 240
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

When you create an invoice, you can add important details such as instructions on providing the customers shipping address and contact information, within the "Message" section of the invoice. 

Once you obtain the customers address and contact information, you can then add and save the information to their customer profile for future use. 

Here's a screenshot for reference: 

Message 177 of 240

Hey, how about helping a newbie out.

We send our wholesale accounts invoices via email.  Sometimes they send us a check for payment.  We mark the Invoice paid, but it does not show the Activity in the Customer account.  

How can we keep Customer data current when they pay Invoices by check?

Thanks!

David

WindStone Landing Farms

Message 178 of 240
Square Community Moderator

@dnowacoski Check out this existing thread. The information above details using the Message box on invoices to collect customer information. 

Message 179 of 240

This is not an efficient way to collect a customer's shipping address. Please create a shipping section in the invoice template! Customers don't see the comments, and don't reply with their address... which creates extra work for me to get it from them via email. I will go back to using PayPal invoices if you don't make this simple improvement! Thanks.

Message 180 of 240

I am just voting for this feature. I am new to square and don't understand why there is not an option for the customer to enter shipping info when they check out?!?

Message 181 of 240

I tried leaving a message in the invoices last year for the customer to leave their info, but many times they forget.  This also leaves room for error when having to type in their address while processing orders.  I'm so sick of using PayPal for invoicing  and having two separate systems.  Please, please, please tell me this is something being worked on.  Thanks!

Message 182 of 240

Hello @JordanLFMorris, this is a popular feature request that we're tracking! I have moved your post to this thread since other sellers had similar questions. This way we can track all of the feedback in one place. If anything changes I will make sure to update the thread! 😀

Message 183 of 240

Please update for this feature!

Message 184 of 240

Here is another thread about the same topic.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests/How-do-you-add-shipping-to-an-invoice/td-p/2624

Lucky for us there are other services that handle this option.  Square dropped the ball on this one.

Message 185 of 240
Admin

Hello @hikebikemike thanks for sharing the link to the other thread, as you can know this is a popular request! I don't have any updates on this feature at this time, but as soon as we do we'll update these threads.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 186 of 240

It is not brain surgery your customers want shipping to be processed like a line item as the fee line is now so it is not included in gross sales not a major thing to request. I do not use your invoice system due to my website has invoices but I use your system to process the credit card like a person in a store front. I can do the bookkeeping to fix problems at tax time but why should I have to do that when I pay you to process my credit cards in a way that should help reduce my labor

Message 187 of 240

Must have feature!  Please add ASAP.

Message 188 of 240
Square

For the new folks I just added to this thread - we just introduced this functionality. Please check out page 1 for more details! 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 189 of 240