x
Developer

Generating Online Reviews using Square - Should I build it?

Hi all -

I wanted to get some feedback from Square users before I start a development project.

It's nice to get the wonderful customer feedback via Square, but too often I want prospective customers to see all those nice reviews. 

I've figured out how to get positive customer comments to post automatically to our Facebook page and our website. We've also worked out how to get them posted onto Google, Yelp, Angie's List and other review sites.

My question is this, if this was an available 'add-on', that worked automatically, would you be interested in such a solution?  If there is enough interest beyond just our single install, I think I'll proceed to build this.

Michael

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Alumni

Hey @RT-Michael, thanks for posting in the community! I think this is a great idea! 😀  I'll go ahead and pin your post to our homepage for awhile so more people will see it and hopefully you'll hear from a few Square sellers.  

Cheers, 

Kelly 

Message 2 of 28

This sounds like a feature which would absolutely help sales . I'm all for it !

Message 3 of 28
Developer

Thanks for the input nonapbobb -

Question - do you think it would be better for customers to share feedback and reviews IMMEDIATELY after purchase, later on that day, or some point after that.

Also, since the answer to that may depend on the industry, may I ask what type of business you have? I'm trying to think through how to make this flexible enough to be adapted to different industries.

Message 4 of 28

Great idea.  We would be interested. 

Message 5 of 28
Developer

Awesome -

One question that I have for the community is when we would like to request that feedback & review from the customer.

I feel that the answer could be different, depending on the industry.

For instance, for a Restaurant, immediately after the transaction might be the best time.

However, if you are a Chiropractor, maybe a day or 2 AFTER the transaction might be better.

Do you have any suggestions or thoughts? If so, what type of industry are you in?

Thanks!

Michael

Message 6 of 28

Michael, we have a fine art gallery and a studio with art classes. Feedback from our customers would be best when they receive their package from us, or after they have attended a class, which may be days or a couple of weeks after they pay through square. 

Message 7 of 28

I think this is an excellent idea.  I write novels and reviews are everything.  If there is a way to incorporate them into my square page that would be tremendous.  It would take a while for some of my reviews but its' worth it.

Message 8 of 28

just make it a changeable setting with a default value being immediately after the transaction.

Message 9 of 28
Beta Member

Yes, I think this would be a GREAT idea. Can't wait to add it!!

Message 10 of 28

We have  small cafe (30 seats) and have about 150 online reviews across the various sites, and probably 100 on Square. From what I can tell folks write those reviews thinking the reviews are public.  I would like to share them on my website (running Wordpress, btw) and FaceBook.  I would like to ensure that our responses are also posted, even though that may happen a few days laters.

Message 11 of 28
Developer

Hi OregonCrepe -

So I've set it up so that 4 and 5 Star Reviews that get collected can automatically appear on your website and on your Facebook page, provided the customer selects "Share Review".  That part is already completed.

We are also making it so that the customer can share their review with all their Friends on Facebook automatically. That means your customers review would get shared with all their friends and contain an image of your business, as well as a custom offer you could select and a link back to your business.

I am now working on a way that the business can select WHEN feedback is requested. Some busineses have said they want it to be immediately after the transaction, others would like to request it a week, or even a month, after the transaction.  I'll set it up so that you can control that.

Message 12 of 28

Is this available to everyone now or just to specific Square users?

Message 13 of 28
Alumni

@Qi - thanks for posting. Just to clarify, this is something @RT-Michael is working on independently from Square (not something we here at Square will have a timeline for!), so I'll let Michael respond about if/when it'll be available more widely.

Love seeing all the interest - seems like you came up with something a lot of people would use, @RT-Michael! 🙌

Message 14 of 28
Developer

@Kpay is correct.

This is something that I am building as a custom project but would be happy to share with others.

I'm not sure what the submission process is to get something added to the "App Store" on Square but if users are happy with the end product, I could ask Square to consider adding it. However, it would not be required for me to share it with other users.

You would be provided with a link to Authorize the app and select the Permissions allowed. Everything else is automatic and you can remove or disable at any time.

Message 15 of 28

Please let me ASAP when it is ready to used. I have quite a few reviews in Amazon for my novels and would love to begin getting reviews on my page. Is it possible to migrate your Amazon reviews to your square page using what you are creating?

Message 16 of 28
Developer

Amazon reviews are not currently integrated but there may be a way to do it. Once we get the foundation of the system set up, we can explore the Amazon side of reviews.

Message 17 of 28

Last I heard from you was to give you my information for a trial run on the app you created.  I nevere received any information or feedback since. Were you able to create what you were working on?  And if so, what's the process to acquire it?

Thanks

Message 18 of 28
Beta Member

Hey brother I'm really interested did you ever get this taken care of really really interested???

Square Reviews onto Website, Facebook and Google - How to post automatically

jerome daues
Message 19 of 28

Is this available, yet? I would love to get this! Please let me know!

Thank you

Message 20 of 28

Public customer reviews are critical! 

I run a small holistic health and wellness business. Currently I drive clients to leave reviews on FB, Google and Yelp but those require an extra step and thought process for the client and me. Since all my clients come through Square Appointments, it makes sense that the majority of reviews be generated and viewable there.

My services vary, and may last one day, one month, or 3-months, so it makes sense to ask for reviews  within 7-10 days of the COMPLETION of the specific service.

Thanks for asking!

Qi

Message 21 of 28