x
Highlighted
Developer

Generating Online Reviews using Square - Should I build it?

Hi all -

I wanted to get some feedback from Square users before I start a development project.

It's nice to get the wonderful customer feedback via Square, but too often I want prospective customers to see all those nice reviews. 

I've figured out how to get positive customer comments to post automatically to our Facebook page and our website. We've also worked out how to get them posted onto Google, Yelp, Angie's List and other review sites.

My question is this, if this was an available 'add-on', that worked automatically, would you be interested in such a solution?  If there is enough interest beyond just our single install, I think I'll proceed to build this.

Michael

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Alumni

Re: Generating Online Reviews using Square - Should I build it?

Hey @RT-Michael, thanks for posting in the community! I think this is a great idea! 😀  I'll go ahead and pin your post to our homepage for awhile so more people will see it and hopefully you'll hear from a few Square sellers.  

Cheers, 

Kelly 

Message 2 of 22
Highlighted

This sounds like a feature which would absolutely help sales . I'm all for it !

Message 3 of 22
Highlighted
Developer

Thanks for the input nonapbobb -

Question - do you think it would be better for customers to share feedback and reviews IMMEDIATELY after purchase, later on that day, or some point after that.

Also, since the answer to that may depend on the industry, may I ask what type of business you have? I'm trying to think through how to make this flexible enough to be adapted to different industries.

Message 4 of 22
Highlighted

Great idea.  We would be interested. 

Message 5 of 22
Highlighted
Developer

Awesome -

One question that I have for the community is when we would like to request that feedback & review from the customer.

I feel that the answer could be different, depending on the industry.

For instance, for a Restaurant, immediately after the transaction might be the best time.

However, if you are a Chiropractor, maybe a day or 2 AFTER the transaction might be better.

Do you have any suggestions or thoughts? If so, what type of industry are you in?

Thanks!

Michael

Message 6 of 22
Highlighted

Michael, we have a fine art gallery and a studio with art classes. Feedback from our customers would be best when they receive their package from us, or after they have attended a class, which may be days or a couple of weeks after they pay through square. 

Message 7 of 22
Highlighted

I think this is an excellent idea.  I write novels and reviews are everything.  If there is a way to incorporate them into my square page that would be tremendous.  It would take a while for some of my reviews but its' worth it.

Message 8 of 22
Highlighted

just make it a changeable setting with a default value being immediately after the transaction.

Message 9 of 22
Highlighted

Yes, I think this would be a GREAT idea. Can't wait to add it!!

Message 10 of 22