x
Developer

Generating Online Reviews using Square - Should I build it?

Hi all -

I wanted to get some feedback from Square users before I start a development project.

It's nice to get the wonderful customer feedback via Square, but too often I want prospective customers to see all those nice reviews. 

I've figured out how to get positive customer comments to post automatically to our Facebook page and our website. We've also worked out how to get them posted onto Google, Yelp, Angie's List and other review sites.

My question is this, if this was an available 'add-on', that worked automatically, would you be interested in such a solution?  If there is enough interest beyond just our single install, I think I'll proceed to build this.

Michael

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Yes please, this is a standard feature for most Salon/Barbershop software developers.   Based on front end design intuitive features and pricing.  Sqaure POS/Appointments/Payroll/Customer Engagment can easily be #1. #instagood 🙂

Message 22 of 28

Hello Michael, Please, please make it happen! Posted Square reviews in Google automatically will be awesome!!! My clients that found me on Google turn into loyal clients, innthe meantime what should I do?

Message 23 of 28

I have been with square since 2009, the biggest reason I have stayed with Square is for its one stop shop service. Reviews are important to all businesses, I own a lash and brow salon and would love if somehow my customers could write reviews and it go on google and yelp. it costs almost $100 a month to have a online review company and it takes time to manage which is a drawback for micro small businesses. If Square added this service it would make switching to square from other merchants make a lot more sense. I will keep my fingers crossed for this added benefit in the near future! 

Message 24 of 28

Michael,

Please, Please do! It would be so helpful.

Message 25 of 28

I have a mental health counseling business and sell wellness products. It’s not appropriate to review your counseling services after each co-pay/payment for a therapy session,  but I would like to have reviews for the products I sell. Is there a way to enable reviews for products and not services via Square online? Thanks!

Message 26 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Harmony2c - Welcome back to The Seller Community, it's always nice of you to stop by 😊

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers in your field. At this time Square does not offer a feature that will allow to get reviews on some item types but not others. I'd recommend submitting a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, this is a great way to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 28

Thanks for the reply @Ria. I put in a request for this feature. Take care and thanks for the help! Hopefully this is something that can go into production as this is a helpful way to drive business and see real-life reviews for products. 

Message 28 of 28