x

Gift Cards accepted across different Square accounts?

I have posted about this before and received great answers.  I just wanted some clarification that I am understanding the process.  If you have 3 different/separate Square accounts and want to accept gift cards at all 3, the process would be to move 2 of the Square accounts under 1 and create "locations" for each of those.  In doing that, the other 2 Square accounts that were different/separate bascially no longer exist going foward and all 3 are under the same master Square account.  

I'm just wondering if this has any implications like tax or other issues, especially since one the businesses is separately owned.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

you have the idea right on gift cards across locations under one account.  as for tax implications, each location can have its own bank account and TIN number so they are treated as an individual business and should not cause any issues.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

you have the idea right on gift cards across locations under one account.  as for tax implications, each location can have its own bank account and TIN number so they are treated as an individual business and should not cause any issues.

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for you reply.

Message 3 of 7

I also am wanting to run gift cards across different square accounts under different ownership. I was hoping this would work, and it looks like it will! But, how does one go about moving an account from it's original location to reside under another master account. Does it have to be started from scratch? 

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hey @Sonjas_PBB -  Yes, you'll need to start a new account from scratch using an email that's not already in use. However, to make migrating to another account easier, you can transfer data (like Customer Directory and Item Library) from one account to the next using the Export/Import tool within Dashboard. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Can I use Square gift cards I purchased from one vendor and use at a different Square vendor? For example, I purchase a gift card at a Square restaurant but I want to use that buy jewelry from another Square vendor. 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @StickyRice! I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7