x

Gift receipt on the new square register.

The new square register does not seem to have the ability to print gift receipts.  Am I missing something?   

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi again @FineThings, I just wanted to let you know that you can now print a gift receipt from the new Square Register! 🎉 🎁

To print a gift receipt:

1. Tap the down arrow at the top of your Register.
  2. Select Transactions > and tap on the transaction you need a gift receipt for.
  3. Tap Print Gift Receipt.

This post has a full list of new feautures and fixes included in the latest Square Register udpate.

Thanks again for your patience while our team worked on this! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni

Hi @FineThings - The Register team is actively working on this feature. We'll update you when we have more to share. Thanks for writing in 👍

Message 2 of 14

Thank you, I hope it happens soon.  In the meantime, what if someone wants to return a gift?  We can't figure it out since all returns need to be posted against a receipt from the person that made the purchase.  How do we provide credit to the gift recipient?  Credit in the form of cash or gift card?

Message 3 of 14
Admin

You're right @FineThings, it will be difficult to locate the transaction without the receipt or specific transaction details like the total amount.

While our team works on implementing gift receipts for Square Register, you could print a normal receipt for gift items and put a line through the amount of the charge with a marker/sharpie. Or you could even put the receipt in a small card for the recipient. 

We'll update this thread to let you know when gift receipts are available for Register. I really appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 14

Hello! Any updates as to HOW to refund an amount to a gift card when a customer wants to return an item using a gift card reciept? (on a Square POS not App) Thanks!

Message 5 of 14
Admin

I'm sorry to keep you waiting for a reply @AMorisset! I have good news, we're rolling out the abilty to issue a refund to a gift card from the Square Register and Android devices this week! 🎉 You might not see the option on your device yet as we roll this out to all customers, but you will see this option after your device updates (which should be soon).

If a customer has a gift receipt you can locate the original transaction using the Receipt number. This is a mix of letters and numbers that is printed at the end of the Gift Receipt. To complete a refund to a gift card the customer must have the gift card or gift ard number with them. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 14
Admin

Best Answer

Hi again @FineThings, I just wanted to let you know that you can now print a gift receipt from the new Square Register! 🎉 🎁

To print a gift receipt:

1. Tap the down arrow at the top of your Register.
  2. Select Transactions > and tap on the transaction you need a gift receipt for.
  3. Tap Print Gift Receipt.

This post has a full list of new feautures and fixes included in the latest Square Register udpate.

Thanks again for your patience while our team worked on this! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 14

Excellent!  Thanks.

Message 8 of 14

How is it that the stand was more robust than the register? This clearly wasn't beta tested by people actually in retail. 

Message 9 of 14

Can you add a gift memo if someone is purchasing an item as a gift?

Message 10 of 14
Alumni

Like a gift receipt? That's doable but only from an iOS device or the Square Register and a connected receipt printer.

From the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the navigation bar > Transactions.
  2. Locate and tap the payment > Print Gift Receipt.

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 14

Hi,  we just got a new stand and ipad for our store. I checked that we are up to date on all software.  My issue is that the print gift receipt option is now gone.  We've been able to print them no problem since that feature came out but its no longer an option.  Was it moved to a different menu?

Message 12 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @anmeahnmay

Welcome to the Community! 

The option to print a gift receipt is still available in the Point of Sale app. Try using these steps to get that printed. 

From the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the navigation bar > Transactions.
  2. Locate and tap the payment > Print Gift Receipt.

Please let me know if you aren't seeing this option available with your Square Stand. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 14

This is time consuming at the peak Holiday season. Between not having this on the receipt screen and the loss of searching by item and credit card in the transactions tab, we absolutely regret buying the square register. 

Message 14 of 14