x

Group by Category on Printed Receipt

I have a bakery and we print receipts to use to fill orders.  We have several categories on Square (biscuits, cookies, bars, jacks, frozen items, savory items, etc.).  Is there a way when the receipt is printed, that it list the items by category (kind of like at the grocery store your receipt is grouped by produce, meats, dairy, etc.)?  A lot of our customers get over 20 items so we need it grouped by category to fill it quickly and correctly.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @stacybailes! 😀

I understand what you're looking for (my local grocery store does this as well) but there isn't away to group items by category on a Square receipt at this time. I'll pass this feature request to our Receipts team, I can see how it would help you and your business!

I'll also keep an eye out for workarounds in the Community. Perhaps another seller from a bakery can also chime in here to share how they handle large orders and Square receipts.

Thanks for your post! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

@Helen

Hi Helen! This is now needed for our business as well. We need to see the category then the list of items sold for that category. Please advise on timeframe.

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 12
Admin

Hey @JPWilkinson I don't have a timeline to share. We're still tracking this request closely so thanks for letting us know you need this. I'll post here again to let you know about any updates in future.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 12

Hello, 

has any progress been made on this?  We are a counter service cafe and it is so inconvenient that the items of the same category are not together when the kitchen gets the receipt!

Please help.

Message 5 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Pupatella - thanks for adding your voice to this thread.

Regrettably, there is still no update to share here. We will be sure to let everyone know when there is news to share regarding this category and receipt feature. Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

When our cashier takes orders it is, of course, in the order that people give them and that's how they get sent to the kitchen which is often that is pretty convoluted and confusing for the kitchen staff. For the kitchen it would be better if it was always one type of items then the next and so on. Is there a way to force group items by item category on the kitchen printer? Or at least a way for the cashier to manually reorder the items before sending it to the kitchen?

Message 7 of 12
Alumni

Hey there @BryanP  printing items on  tickets by category is a feature that hasn't been developed yet, but I can understand how it streamlines order management and helps your cooks prep food efficiently. 

We're currently tracking this request on this thread. We'll let you know here if there are any announcements to share. 

Justin
Message 8 of 12

Is there any follow-up to this?  We're currently evaluating Square for restaurants but this is a must have for us.  I can't find a way to do it so if this enhancement isn't on the radar we'll need to look elsewhere.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 12

Hey there, @ralph_sscafe

Welcome to the Community! 

I don't have a current update on this Feature Request. Once there is more information is available one of our Community Moderators will post a product update or you will see a product update email in your inbox.

Appreciate you taking the time to check in on this! 

Kassi
Message 10 of 12

Just bumping this again, as this would be a huge bonus for restaurants.

Message 11 of 12

Hi @sirpatrone,

Welcome to the Seller Community! Happy to have you join. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers’ interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

Thank you!

Message 12 of 12