x

HELP, automatic loading of customer name to order ticket has quit working after last update.

1.  I have used square app for 6 years+. (FOOD CART BUSINESS)  It has always loaded customers name from credit cards to my order ticket. (Unless it was an apple or google pay transaction not sure why on those?)  

2.  Also after the customers name is loaded when you hit NEXT it processes the transaction & immediate approves...then goes to the tip screen. 

After the last update under NAME or TICKET NUMBER it says CARDHOLDER NAME IS UNAVAILABLE (ON EVERY CARD I RUN). THEN IT GOES TO TIP SCREEN & THEN IT PROCESSES THE TRANSACTION.

3. You CANNOT enter their name (screen only allows you to skip it), so you have to manually hand write it on the ticket after the fact.  

THIS HAS SLOWED MY PROCESSING TIME DOWN CONSIDERABLY.  I have the setting on the printer set to"print receipts and order tickets".  Is their another setting I'm missing with this last update.  (No luck with customer support when I asked them.)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @tropics !

Okay, that's odd, especially if it was working for you in the past. Perhaps the last update changed a setting?

On your app, go to Settings -> Checkout -> Order Tickets and make sure it's set to Enter Custom Number or Name. That way you should get a name entry that will auto populate when you swipe or insert a card. Yes, ApplePay and GooglePay doesn't send along the customer name yet: it's something Square is aware of and trying to get a fix for. I think this one is waiting on Apple and Google to send the name along?

Otherwise, if you have this setting enabled but you're not getting a keyboard when you get to the name screen (which is what it sounds like with #3), I recommend first force closing the app, restarting your device, and reloading the app. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend deleting and reinstalling the app--the update may have borked some things.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2