x

Has anyone had success using Square with a tracfone?

I currently do not have a phone that is internet or ap capable and would only use one for my small business events. I was considering a tracfone but can't seem to find any information on if the two are compatible. Has anyone had success using tracfone and square together? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

I just set it up on my iphone, which is part of Net10 wireless (part of Tracefone).  So, I think it should work as long as your phone has the ability to download the app!  My old phone was an iphone4, and it couldn't download a lot of these apps because the operating system was too out of date and couldn't be updated b/c of it being an iphone 4.  Now I have an iphone 5s, and it worked well as far as setup.  I haven't used it for any transactions yet, but I think it will work!  Hopefully that helps, good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

You can check which phones are tested for Square here: https://squareup.com/compatibility It does appear that it's possible to buy a Tracfone that is compatible, but you should check for the specific model you're looking to buy.

Message 3 of 3