x

Has anyone set up a Referral Program for their clients?

Has anyone been able to intergrate a referral program or app on to thier register? 

We are a small clothing boutique and alot of my VIP clients have been a huge marketing support system. They tell thier friends and then thier friends tell friends....and so on. I would love to keep track and reward them with some sort of discount/store credit. So far Ive been trying to keep track on my own but I would love an app/program that I can use with Square or even just on the iPad/Register?

Thank you in advance!! 

Message 1 of 108
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@RTB - Great question, and I don't blame you for wanted to automate this task. While we don't currently offer any official way for tracking this, hopefully someone in the community can offer up some suggestions! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 108
107 REPLIES 107
Square

Best Answer

@RTB - Great question, and I don't blame you for wanted to automate this task. While we don't currently offer any official way for tracking this, hopefully someone in the community can offer up some suggestions! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 108

I am a cosmetologist and rely heavily on client referrals to build my clientele. It would be very helpful for square to set up a referral reward program! It could be similar to the loyalty or birthday rewards - a dollar or percentage off for each client sent my way. 

Message 3 of 108

very. true 

Message 4 of 108
Super Seller

this..right here.!!! have you found anything helpful? Thanks!!!!

Message 5 of 108

Is there a way to tweak the customer reward programs but use it for referral? I haven't played with it yet and I need this function as well. 

Message 6 of 108
Admin

Hey @Kristi and @FGSF, thanks for sharing this insight! While there aren't any new developments available at this time, I'll be sure to pass this along to the Marketing team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 108

Hi Sean, this is a very normal and necessary promotion that the salon world heavily relies on. Can you please light a fire under someone?

Message 8 of 108
Square Community Moderator

@BrassinPocket Nothing new to report as of now, but we'll let the Product Team know about your interest in this feature as well. We're actively tracking this, so keep an eye out for updates. We'll be sure to announce if anything changes. 

Message 9 of 108

Any updates on this feature? It would be very helpful for ALL of us=)

Message 10 of 108
Square

Hi @AmandaLeeHair. While I don't have any updates to share right now, I'm happy to pass along your interest in this feature to our product liaison team. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 11 of 108

it's 2022! any updates as square still doesn't have one ;):):) 

Message 12 of 108

Any new updates to the system to allow for an email referral program? 10/18/22 just for reference seeing as this question was in 2017.

Message 13 of 108
Beta Member

Looking for this feature as well, any updates? 

Message 14 of 108
Square Community Moderator

Hey @wholebean,

Thank you for being a member of the Community.

We do not currently have an update. Please check out these two Best Answers here and here. Feel free to also share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here: squ.re/ideate - Our Product Team keeps an eye on this forum as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Message 15 of 108

A refferal program where customers can use their phone number to look up there account and have a refferal tracking dash board would be very valuable to us. 

Message 16 of 108
Beta Member

I am considering this company, which I found on google. I think everyone should search for a platform that they are comfortable with. I hope Square will offer this feature very soon. https://www.referralcandy.com/pricing.

Many of these platforms are expensive. 

Message 17 of 108

Have a couple questions about Marketing:
1) I'd like to set-up a referral program whereby my existing customers can refer-a-friend and earn a one-time discount for themselves and their friend. Is that possible with Square?

2)Alternately, is it possible to generate discount codes that can be distributed to new customers...i.e. existing customers (or even me) can give friends/neighbors/family a code that would be unique to the existing customer and earn the NEW customer a discount? I would then be able to track how many new customers I gain per existing customer or code.

Message 18 of 108
Admin

There isn't a way to set up a referral program, or new customer discounts with Square at this time @hmelv805! I've moved your post here as we are actively tracking this feature request.

I really appreciate your post though, these are great suggestions and I can see how it would be useful to your business. I'll share your interest with the product team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 19 of 108

This is exactly what i am looking for as well as it is mentioned as an idea in this blog post on square...

https://squareup.com/townsquare/effective-ways-to-find-new-customers

would love to see a way to make this happen!!

Message 20 of 108

Yes! I need this too!

Message 21 of 108