x

Having Trouble connecting to my galaxy s6

I can't connect my reader with my galaxy s6. It fits only one portal and does nothing.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @lynnied2, sorry to hear about the trouble. Your Samsung Galaxy S6 is definitely compatible with Square, so you shouldn't be running into any issues. Which reader are you using?

Depending on the type of reader you have, these tips should help resolve any issue:

Hope this helps! If you're still having trouble, please contact our Support Team and we'll have a closer look at this as soon as possible!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 10

Just wondering if you ever resolved this? Having the same issue with my galaxy s6

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

I had a similar problem on Saturday using Galaxy 10.5 Tablet but using my Galaxy S6 Edge + as a hotspot to connect.

It seemed to keep disconnecting.  It did not recognize any credit cards by customers, sometimes the customer had cash and just paid me.  Other times they just had the credit card, so I was forced to manually enter the transaction which meant I paid the extra fees.  How can the credit card go through fine when I entere them, but not via the chip reader?

Sunday seemed to work fine.

It seemed more of a Square issue than my own connectivitly problem.

Message 4 of 10

Sorry to hear about the trouble @RCT. The troubleshooting steps above usually solve this issue. When you inserted the cards into the reader did it display any kind of error message? 

Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

no error message.  It just said it was processing and hung there. After a while I knew the customers were getting frustrated, so I pulled out the card to cancel it, and typed in the cc manually, which at that point, it went through right away.  That happened with every transaction on Saturday. So I was charged the higher fees 😞

Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

just so you know, I had internet connection just fine, I could access Google, email, Facebook, Twitter and anything else.

Message 7 of 10

@RCT that's very weird. Just from my personal experience if you're processing a payment and it hangs with a spinning circle, indicates an intermittent connection between the reader and your phone. 

If it ever happens again I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the App and repairing your device. This should give you a solid connection. 

Sorry about the trouble again @RCT! 😔

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

I have the same trouble all the time. I have 2 different phones and 2 different chip/swipe readers. Had 4 bars cell signal. I asked around and this is a common problem with Square. Bottom line is they make more money when it doesn't work right and you have to manually punch in the numbers

Message 9 of 10
Admin

So sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having @Countryman, we definitely don't want to you pay more in fees by having to manually enter card information. 

If you haven't already, I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps for your reader. If the reader still isn't working, please call our Support team or you can submit a warranty claim and get a replacement. 👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 10