x

Hello. Is there any way to restrict employees from being able to see sales reports on the iPad used?

Hello. Is there any way to restrict employees from being able to see sales reports on the iPad used?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

You can definitely restrict access to only specific employees with our Passcode feature. 

With Passcode Access enabled, anyone using the Square app will be prompted to enter a passcode when selected features are accessed. In this case you would use it to restrict access to the sales reports within the app. 

You can read more on this in our Support Center Article

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Thanks for adding your vote to this feature request, @PanConcessions! While we don't have an update on this at the moment, we're continuing to advocate for the suggestions we receive here. 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 22 of 27

Looking for this, also - employees are goal oriented and want to see their daily performance (or run other reports).  I want them to be able to access their data but only their data.

Message 23 of 27

Hey there @scootsch

Thanks for sharing your input on this feature request. I will make sure to pass your feedback over to the product team for their consideration.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 27

I also want this feature. I am using square in a hair salon and I want stylists to be able to see their own sales as it helps them shape their week and goal set for commission BUT I do not want them seeing the whole business sales and my sales and other team member sales. I think it’s extremely TMI

Message 25 of 27

Hi @THL - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

You may be interested in checking out Team Permissions to control what your team members can see and do in your POS and online Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 27

Were you able to figure out how to do a blind drop? I want to start doing this with my staff. The only way I could figure is if I retract their access and run the report for them, then tell them tips/ service charges only and then they hand the money over then.  This will be a pain in the ass for 2 shifts a day, one at 9pm and one at 3am. They need some degree of autonomy so I don’t have to be on call 24-7 just to run reports. 

Message 27 of 27