x

Hello. Is there any way to restrict employees from being able to see sales reports on the iPad used?

Hello. Is there any way to restrict employees from being able to see sales reports on the iPad used?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

You can definitely restrict access to only specific employees with our Passcode feature. 

With Passcode Access enabled, anyone using the Square app will be prompted to enter a passcode when selected features are accessed. In this case you would use it to restrict access to the sales reports within the app. 

You can read more on this in our Support Center Article

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

I was wondering the same thing. I have employees that are accessing this screen and I need to restrict this information. Have you figured out a way in which to do this?

Message 2 of 27

Best Answer

You can definitely restrict access to only specific employees with our Passcode feature. 

With Passcode Access enabled, anyone using the Square app will be prompted to enter a passcode when selected features are accessed. In this case you would use it to restrict access to the sales reports within the app. 

You can read more on this in our Support Center Article

Message 3 of 27

• I have this same problem. I didn't give my employees access to reports but on the ipad it still allows them to see the sales report.  I have square retail. 
Message 4 of 27
Admin

Hi @redandhot. If you're using Square's other app Square for Retail I recommend double checking your employees' permissions from your online Square Dashboard.

If they're still able to see the sales report go through these troubleshooting steps:

1. Ask them your employees to sign out of the Retail app and sign back in again.
  2. Force quite the Retail app on your iPad and open it again.
  3. Check your using the latest version of iOS software on your iPad, and check for an update to the Square Retail app from the App Store.

If the issue persists go ahead and call our CS team so they can investigate this further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 27

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Employees restrictions

Hello I am curious how to restrict devices used by employees to not allow them to have access to reports?

Message 6 of 27
Super Seller Alumni

Good morning!  Check out this article as it gives very detailed instructions on the process.  Good luck!

Message 7 of 27

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can I restrict access to the sales report in the retail app on my ipad?" The author has been notified via email.

I use retail for square on an ipad in my boutique.  I want to be able to restrict access to the sales report to employees.  I activated restrictions requiring a passcode but they are still able to access the sales report.  And now I don't know how to remove the passcode access.  Because if it doesn't restrict them from what I need, I have no use for that.  Can anyone help?

Message 8 of 27
Beta Member

This passcode option does not work in Appointments, only Retail app. Which is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Message 9 of 27

Hi @kuttersedge - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

I'm not sure where you got that information but you can indeed use passcodes for Team Management on Square Appointments. From the Appointments app, you'll need to go to More > Settings and then Security. From here, you'll toggle on the passcodes option. You can learn more about Team Management and passcodes here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 27

Hello! I wondered if anyone else had run into this problem: I’d like an employee to have access to to transactions on the day they’re working, but I’d prefer they didn’t have a larger overview of times when they’re not working. Anyone find a work around for this? Thank you!

Message 11 of 27
Alumni

Hi @Plantsplants - If you use mobile staff, your employees will only be able to see the sales that they make. That might help you!

Message 12 of 27

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way for my contract employee to see only their transactions and sales reports?

I have contract employees (1099) and they individually use their phones to bill and collect money out in the field.  Is their a way in permissions that they can see their individual sales and invoices?  Is there a way they can check their own specific sales and transaction reports and not the entire companies sales?  I do not want them to see all sales and invoices, just the ones they perform under their specific login.  Thanks!

Message 13 of 27
Admin

Hello @TheDetailors! I see that you already contacted our CS team about this before I had a chance to reply. But if you edit the permission for this employee's role to an un-check View All Transactions your employees will only be able to see their previous 5 transactions, they won't be able to see anyone else's sales.

As katieand mentions just above in this thread, where I'm adding your post, the Mobile Staff role will also allow employees to view their own sales reports. (Keep in mind the permissions for that role aren't as granular so it might not be exactly what you're looking for!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 27

We payout cash transactions for our barber daily. But when they sign on and pulls sales report it shows all of the barber sales as a total. 

Message 15 of 27
Alumni

@Jpbasua

Sounds like you might be interested in Team Plus - which can be set up so your barber's won't have visibility into sales reports. 

Give them a role with a 4-digit passcode. By default, they will be able to take payments and view their own transactions but no one else's.

Check out the best answer on this thread I moved you to. EJ provides a link to get started 🙂

Justin
Message 16 of 27

Currently each barber does have their own password.

How do I sign up for team plus?

Message 17 of 27

Hey @Jpbasua!

You can sign up for Team Plus under > Employees on the Dashboard.

You just have to assign the new role for it to go into effect. 

Ashley C
Message 18 of 27

How to restrict employee report access?

Right now it looks like allowing employees to access sales is all or nothing. They can either see no reports, or they see all reports.

I want employees to see ONLY their own sales and tips. I don't want them to see other employee sales, nor sales for the total company. 

Message 19 of 27

@Carlton_Oaks thanks for posting! I've merged your post to an existing thread as this is a feature request and we are wanting to keep all the feedback in one place. While you cannot limit employee's to viewing their own reports unless they are on their own device with limited permissions, you can limit some of their sales reporting permissions. 

With Permissions, you can choose which sales data your team has access to by granting them access to either detailed or basic sales reports.

Detailed Sales Reporting: Allow team members to view aggregate sales data on a shared point of sale or your online Square Dashboard for only the past 90 days, and restricts team members from seeing full historical data, comparison charts, and trends over time.

Limited Sales Reporting: Allow team members to view aggregate sales data on a shared point of sale for only the past 90 days, and restricts team members from seeing full historical data, comparison charts, and trends over time. Limited sales reporting includes:

• Daily sales summary including non-cash tips
  • Sales by payment type
  • Top-selling items and categories
AshleyK
Message 20 of 27

I would also love the option to have team members be restricted to seeing ONLY their sales data, and not other team members or the company as a whole.  It would also be great if we could limit what data they see. For example, my staff does a blind cash drop at the end of the night. It would be ideal if they could see their sales, service charges (auto gratuity) and tips, and thats it. 

Message 21 of 27