x

Hiding sold out items

Our store has many unique, vintage items. We are looking for a way to hide or export to excel the items that have sold that will not be restocked without losing all information on these items. The reason that we don't simply want to delete the items out of the inventory is because they do provide valuable information, such as costs and markup that we could reference later on. How would I go about this problem? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions

Edit: To be clear, this is not in regards to an online store as the unique items that we have will not be on a website. This is for our own personal record keeping and accountability.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @habitathyett  -- I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I want to make sure we are on the same page so I can better assist. Square does have an export feature, so you could download the data and then after the fact delete it. There currently isn't a way to hide items right now with our system. I am going to tag some of our amazing super sellers and they will be able to provide some more insight, and maybe have some workarounds. Thank you @Doran  @HC_Charlie @TCSlaguna @londontea @page158 .

If you need anything else please reach back out!

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Hello @habitathyett thanks for your post. So you're looking to "hide" items in your inventory?  Can you elaborate why...if the item is sold out, then the item will be indicated as "sold out" and not be able to be sold. Are you looking to export or hide them so you don't have so many inventory items to see at once?

You could export your item library, but that will export everything (not just what sold). You could run a report of sold items, but that wouldn't include some details like pictures, etc. If you are wanted to keep the item for the future, and base new items off of it...(like copy/paste a new items with specific details), then I would not delete the item from your inventory because you'll lose all of that info. If you really want to keep that intact for later editing or repurposing, the most you can do is mark the item as "hidden" or "sold out". But you'll still see them in your item catalog in your dashboard and POS.

If all you need to do is reference cost/markup info as data...then you could just create an excel spreadsheet with that info, copy/paste from a Square export. Then delete the item from Square, and then use the spreadsheet file or paper printout to reference the cost/markups. It sounds like maybe you're looking to create a master file with certain categories of stuff, since your items all seem unique.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Message 3 of 3