x

High school topic on Square

Dear Square community (this is related to Square (financial services company) - Wikipedia right?)

My name is David and I am a high school student in Denmark. I want to write an upcoming social science project about Square. For this, I would like to make a presentation of the steps that a small business owner would have to go through in order to be set up within your app.

I am still trying to get the complete hang of what Square is, but from what I can understand, the main purpose is for electronic purchases done through a phone, so you can scan your receipt with your phone and pay at a register in a store at any location (please correct me if I am wrong) - it should be very similar to the app called MobilePay in Denmark, yes?

My main question to you, because I have been unable to read up on this online (often times it seems too complicated to find a simple answer) is, what are the basic steps and processes that you need to go through in order to be set up with Square as a small business owner? From the very initial process of sending an application to be “accepted” as a square-partner (if you call it that) to finally having been set up.

I would very much appreciate it if you could outline these steps for me. Apologies for any disturbances occurred!

Thank you so much for your time!

Kind regards,

David

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I would say the main purpose of Square is that it has an App that runs basically as your cash register POS (Point of Sale) and allows you to sell all your items and collect payment and record this information.  It is tied to the Square Up Website and you can gather analytics about your store.  They also offer an online store that can integrate with the Square POS.

Setting up an account is rather simple.  Filling out some information and creating a password.  Once you collect a certain amount of money Square will ask for business paperwork.

I've been using Square since it launched in our business.

Message 2 of 2