x

How To Find Cash Refunds in Sales Summary Reports

I am starting a new thread since the open one on the topic was last posted to on 02-26-17 and it is now 8/9/17. I ran a test cash transaction and then wanted to void the trans. Didn't see a void anywhere, so I tried a refund. Worked as far as sending a refund receipt, but reports still show cash transaction and no indication of a refund so sales are off by amount of cash tran.  Will this ever be fixed? A void transaction is needed if anyone wants to use these reports.

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @barboc,

Refunds should show up in your Reports on Dashboard as well. You would just need to go to Sales in your online Dashboard and you'll see it in the Sales summary as well as your Transactions.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @smokestackroast

There are a couple of options to see those refunds through your Dashboard. 

Option #1 Go to Reports > Payment Methods: This will show you a breakdown of all the payment types used and include the number of refunds. 

If you're looking for something with a little more detail, then I would recommend Option #2 and go to Transactions > "All Types" > Select Refunds. It will display all transactions that include a refund. Next, click "All Payment Methods" and change it to Cash. 

Going with Option #2 would allow you to export that list into Excel. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 24
Beta Member

Thanks, @Kass_! 

Message 23 of 24
Square Community Moderator

You're welcome, @smokestackroast! Happy to help

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 24