x

How can I Split an invoice bi weekly?

Hi, I’m trying to send a recurring invoice. I have a total amount which I’d like to split into a bi-weekly payment?

I have the invoice as a draft and I’m trying to edit it, would I have to start a new one? 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Chelaslawn 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us.

In regards to splitting your Invoice into bi-weekly segments, this can easily be done from the Invoices tab of the Online Dashboard. Here are some helpful steps from our Recurring Invoice support article:

1. Go to Invoices in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Recurring > Create Recurring Series.
  3. Select a customer from your Customer Directory, or enter a new name and email address. You can enter up to nine recipients.
  4. If the customer already has a payment card(s) saved to their directory profile, choose the card to be charged from the Invoice Method dropdown. If you’d like to let your customer opt in for Automatic Payments using Card on File, toggle Allow Automatic Payments on. This gives your customers the option to securely save their payment card on file and be charged automatically on the due date of each invoice within the recurring series.
  5. Select the start date, the recurrence frequency, and the end date.
  6. Fill out the rest of the invoice, including any discounts.
  7. Click Schedule or Charge if sending immediately.

Once an Invoice is created for a customer, it should be editable from the Customer Profile in the Directory, or directly from the Invoices screen. 

You can also edit a series of recurring Invoices to charge at a separate time or amount. This can be done from both the Online Dashboard or the Invoices App - so starting a new Invoice should not be necessary.

Let me know if this gets you where you need to be! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hi there, @Chelaslawn 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us.

In regards to splitting your Invoice into bi-weekly segments, this can easily be done from the Invoices tab of the Online Dashboard. Here are some helpful steps from our Recurring Invoice support article:

3. Select a customer from your Customer Directory, or enter a new name and email address. You can enter up to nine recipients.
  4. If the customer already has a payment card(s) saved to their directory profile, choose the card to be charged from the Invoice Method dropdown. If you’d like to let your customer opt in for Automatic Payments using Card on File, toggle Allow Automatic Payments on. This gives your customers the option to securely save their payment card on file and be charged automatically on the due date of each invoice within the recurring series.

Once an Invoice is created for a customer, it should be editable from the Customer Profile in the Directory, or directly from the Invoices screen. 

You can also edit a series of recurring Invoices to charge at a separate time or amount. This can be done from both the Online Dashboard or the Invoices App - so starting a new Invoice should not be necessary.

Let me know if this gets you where you need to be! 

Joe
Message 2 of 5

You dont have an option there for bi-weekly payments though. In stripe they have a custom option, but I can not see how to do Biweekly on your site using the above instructions. 

Edit: dont worry. I figured it out sry

Message 3 of 5

how did you do it?

Message 4 of 5

In regards to splitting your Invoices into bi-weekly segments, this can easily be done from the Invoices tab of the Online Dashboard. Here are some helpful steps from our Recurring Invoice support article:

4. If the customer already has a payment card(s) saved to their directory profile, choose the card to be charged from the Invoice Method dropdown. If you’d like to let your customer opt-in for Automatic Payments using Card on File, toggle Allow Automatic Payments on. This gives your customers the option to securely save their payment card on file and be charged automatically on the due date of each invoice within the recurring series.

You can also edit a series of recurring Invoices to charge at a separate time or amount. This can be done from both the Online Dashboard and the Invoices App - so starting a new Invoice should not be necessary.

I hope this information is helpful @Delihunter and Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 5 of 5