x

How can I accept a partial payment before a client visit?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Pay in advance

We have clients that pay $25 per visit and want to prepay $200. How do I handle this? If I make a $200 invoice and then they visit how do I deduct the visit and $25 from balance?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

The best way to accomplish this will be to request a deposit on your invoices, @Glayne.

You'll start by creating an invoice, and entering the price in as $225. When that's set up, go ahead and click Add Payment Schedule at the bottom.

You'll get a pop-up window - make sure to keep the Request Initial Deposit setting toggled on. In your case, you'll need to click Amount ($) to request a $200 deposit. Go ahead and enter in the $200 amount in the Amount column, on the Deposit line. 

Adding this amount here will default the Balance line to $25, which your customers will owe on the date you set. I'd recommend setting the due date for the balance as the date your clients' visits are scheduled. Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Best Answer

The best way to accomplish this will be to request a deposit on your invoices, @Glayne.

You'll start by creating an invoice, and entering the price in as $225. When that's set up, go ahead and click Add Payment Schedule at the bottom.

You'll get a pop-up window - make sure to keep the Request Initial Deposit setting toggled on. In your case, you'll need to click Amount ($) to request a $200 deposit. Go ahead and enter in the $200 amount in the Amount column, on the Deposit line. 

Adding this amount here will default the Balance line to $25, which your customers will owe on the date you set. I'd recommend setting the due date for the balance as the date your clients' visits are scheduled. Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2