x

How can I add a debit card ?

How can I add a debit card ?

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Elaine1-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

You can view or edit your current linked debit card anytime from the Square app. To do so:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the navigation bar to visit your in-app Settings.
  2. Tap Settings > Transfers > Set Up Instant Transfer.
  3. Tap “Link a Different Debit Card.
  4. Enter your new debit card information and your Square account password to confirm your change.
  5. Tap Link.

You can also view or edit your linked debit card from Transfer Settings in your online Square Dashboard by clicking Change Debit Card next to the instant transfer box. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Elaine1-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

You can view or edit your current linked debit card anytime from the Square app. To do so:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the navigation bar to visit your in-app Settings.
  2. Tap Settings > Transfers > Set Up Instant Transfer.
  3. Tap “Link a Different Debit Card.
  4. Enter your new debit card information and your Square account password to confirm your change.
  5. Tap Link.

You can also view or edit your linked debit card from Transfer Settings in your online Square Dashboard by clicking Change Debit Card next to the instant transfer box. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 20

Need to change my old debit card to my new debit card

Message 3 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Studioe1 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to see you join us here. Welcome, welcome! 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an already existing thread of Sellers who were also curious on how to add or change a debit card on their account. Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle! It will walk you through specific steps on editing your card. 

Let us know if you have any clarifying questions! We are here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 20

Update new debit card for deposits 

Message 5 of 20

??

Message 6 of 20

Hi there, @Tuckpick515 - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also inquiring about editing their Debit Card for Instant Deposits. Take a look at this Best Answer for more information. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Joe
Message 7 of 20

I am not showing an option to add a debit card. I currently have bank account linked and I am only showing the option to link a different bank account, not a card. This has never been an issue until last night when I received an email stating that my same day transfer could not be made because my "debit card ending in was declined." I have never had a debit card linked and I need my deposit.

Message 8 of 20

I’m having the same problem and I’m new to this how did you do it

Message 9 of 20

Hey there @Hollywood4 

If your bank account supports Real-Time Payments (RTP) the option to add a debit card will not be present as we are able to complete instant transfers to the same account that we do our Standard Transfers.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 10 of 20

It used to pop up when I wanted to make an instant transfer when the debit card on file was outdated, but I could never do it proactively.

However, I was going to reply that, even though I have a new debit card again this year, I made an instant transfer soon after I got my new card but no prompt to change it to the new one on Square. I'll have to ask my bank about RTP--I didn't find anything in a quick look. Great!

Message 11 of 20

I don't have a link for Set Up Instant Transfer on this page. My slider button to "Allow instant transfers" is already enabled. I tried disabling it then enabling it again, but still no ability to access debit card information.

Message 12 of 20

I don't see either of these options.

Message 13 of 20

These are incorrect instructions.

Message 14 of 20

I have had instant transfer set up for several years. I have a replacement debit card for the one I was using, same bank. There is no place to change my debit card information in advance of an instant transfer on that page. Do I need to wait until I have an instant transfer to be able to change these settings?

Message 15 of 20

Hello @bernadette

Thanks for posting in the seller community again! There is no need to wait until you have balance in your account to update your card. To update the debit card you have on file, do the following:

From your online Square Dashboard

1. Sign in to Transfer Settings > Transfer in your online Square Dashboard.

2. Under Transfer Speed, select Same-Day to enable same-day transfers for every day of the week, or Custom to select your preferred transfer speed on a per-day basis.

3. If using Custom, select a business day to adjust its transfer type.

4. Click Save.

5. Enter your bank information > Save.

6. Verify your bank via the email sent to the address associated with your Square account.

Hope this helps! We will also move your question to a similar thread. Check out @Isabelle__'s best answer too! 

Frida
Message 16 of 20

Frida, thank you for the detailed answer. I already had Same-Day chosen. My bank information is fine, and does not include changing my debit card. I did check @Isabelle__'s answer, but again, there is no link to Set Up Instant Transfer on that page, instant transfer is already enabled.

Message 17 of 20

Hey there, @bernadette -

Welcome back to the Community. 

Are you trying to add or edit this debit card on your Dashboard or through the Point of Sale app?

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 18 of 20

I'm sorry, I replied hours ago but wasn't logged in. I didn't realize my reply wasn't here.

I am trying to edit the debit card information to change it to the new card, and I've tried it in both the dashboard on my computer and app on my phone.

Thanks!

Message 19 of 20

@bernadette thank you for clearing that up.

If you are not seeing the ability to update, please reach out to our support just to ensure this isn't something on the backend. Our support advocates will also be able to replicate what you are seeing and proceed with next steps if need be. 

Frida
Message 20 of 20