x

How can I cancel/delete a personal event on calendar?

Can't figure out how to cancel/delete a personal event on calendar? I have scheduled and blocked time for a personal event that i no longer taking place. I don't see any evident options for deleting it.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 46
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How can i cancel/delete a personal event on calendar?

@bodybyphaedra, are these appointments imported from your Google Calendar? If they're imported events they won't have the option to cancel on your Appointments Calendar since the event originated on another calendar. 

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Float44, I got you!

To cancel/delete a personal event on your Square Appointments calendar:

1. Head over to your Calendar in your Appointments dashboard.
  2. Click on the personal event that you created.
  3. The event details will open up.
  4. Click on "Cancel Event" just below the title > confirm that you want to cancel.
  5. It will remove itself from your calendar.

Hope this helps clear things up! Let us know if you have any other questions. ✌🏻

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Thanks so much.  Yes, I am on Chrome on a PC.

Message 22 of 46

I have this same problem. It used to offer me the option of deleting a personal event when I held it down like I do when I book an appointment but it is no longer an option. It needs to be fixed but I found a loop hole. If you choose to look at your day as LIST which is an option at the bottom of the app in a bar in calendar near week and day day mode, choose the personal event in the list area and delete it that way. Hope that helps. 

Message 23 of 46
Alumni

Thanks for providing that work around @Mobile. In the meantime, can you reach out to our Appointments Team to report issues with canceling your event? That way the Engineering Team is notified if it turn out to be a broader issue with the Appointments Software. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 46
Beta Member

Hello! there is no link or option to cancel as indicated above. PLEASE help as my calendar integration is totally messed up due to this as it doesn't actually block the time out either. 

Message 25 of 46

need to remove a personal event that was marked on a particular day and there is nothing to undo these events

Message 26 of 46

Still no fix for deleting personal events on Calendar? It seems like i am having more issues with my Square booking/appointment functions this year...any answers? I have a small business which lives or dies by keeping my appointments in order...i'm not sure how much longer i can go with this?..very frustrating. I need a service that has it all figured out, tom save me the extra time to figure out the ongoing issues with very little customer service.

Message 27 of 46
Admin

Hey @Float44, sorry for the confusion. You should be able to remove the personal event from your calendar by following the steps above. Are you getting any kind of error message or do you have more information on where things are getting stuck?

️ Tom | he/him
Message 28 of 46

I cannot figure this out either.  The personal events were removed from my gmail calendar a year ago, but I cannot remove them from the square calendar.  This makes no sense.  I need to know how to resolve this ASAP.

Monica

Message 29 of 46

I have a weird suggestion.   After wrestling with this for hours and hours, I opened up gmail on the google webpage.  The offending event still showed up as a canceled event even though it did t show up any where else - none of my apps or interegrate calendars showed it.  I deleted it from Google’s website on my desktop and it seems to have solved the problem.  I’m not happy with the very  limited flexibility of this program.  I use teleconferences, phone calls and in person meetings.  The booking program makes it impossible to choose a teleconference.  Or to set up an appointment if you have an international phone number.  😞

Message 30 of 46

@Igrisola thank you for the constructive criticism for Appointments. We're always looking to optimize the app. I'm interested in learning more about how you use it for teleconferences. 

Right now Appointments is only available to US sellers which is why it's not optimized for international phone numbers. 

Message 31 of 46

Where did you find the cancelled events?  I have searched everything on my gmail and calendar homepages and cannot find anything labeled "cancelled events".  I tried searching my calendar for these cancelled events that are still blocking my Square calendar.  I also deleted my google calendar from Square and then reconnected it.  No luck. 

Message 32 of 46

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble @grittyagility! Have you had the chance to try @Igrisola's suggestion? 

I recommend reaching out to our Appointments Customer Success Team if that doesn't work. They will be able to determine if this is a bug on your account. 

Message 33 of 46

Yes, I have looked at @lgrisola's suggestion, but I cannot find any "cancelled events" anywhere on my gmail or google calendar pages.  I have even searched my calendar.  Nothing.  This is a serious problem.

Message 34 of 46

Ok, now it looks like deleting my Google calendar and then relinking it actually worked.  I just didn't give it enough time to resync.  I'll respond if it doesn't work when I try to open appointment times.

Message 35 of 46
Admin

Hey @James1977, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the trouble. Have a look at this post on how to remove the personal event. If that doesn't do the trick, please let our Support team know. We'll get to the bottom of it ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 36 of 46

did anyone ever get to the bottom of this? i am having the same issue. there is no "cancel event" or anything, and i need to unblock this day ASAP so my clients can book me!

Message 37 of 46
Admin

Hey @Thelashery, sorry to hear about the trouble. Is there any chance that this event is being synced from your personal Google Calendar? If so, try removing it directly from your personal calendar and that should update on Square Appointments. If after that, you're still having trouble, please contact our Support Team directly and they'll have a closer look ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 38 of 46

I'm having the same issue.  Very frustrating because it keeps clients from booking that time slot!!

Thanks,

Laura 

Message 39 of 46

I have this same problem. It used to offer me the option of deleting a personal event when I held it down like I do when I book an appointment but it is no longer an option. It needs to be fixed but I found a loop hole. If you choose to look at your day as LIST which is an option at the bottom of the app in a bar in calendar near week and day day mode, choose the personal event in the list area and delete it that way. Hope that helps. 

Message 40 of 46
Admin

Hey @Mobile! If you created the personal event from your Appointments Calendar you can select it from the Appointments app or from your Appointments Dashboard to cancel it.

However, if you imported personal event using the calendar sync you can only cancel those events from yout Google Calendar. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 41 of 46

I want to delete a recurring event in the scheduling calendar. I don't have an option to delete. The event was created in Square, not Google Calendar. I have been working on this for hours and have read previous threads, but don't see an answer.

Message 42 of 46