x

How can I change an Team Member e-mail address?

I need to change the e-mail address of a Team Member, how can I do that?  I have tried editing the email address, which doesn't work.  I also have tried removing the member an creating a new entry.

We are a small non-profit, so I am not investing in the "Payroll" feature, because we all donate our time.

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @DiamondSports and @beetbottoms

Thanks for your patience. 

As of right now, you cannot edit active Team Member email addresses. We can do so on our end, if you want to give us a call. Otherwise, you'd have to create a new Team Member and input the new email address.

Sorry about this! We hope to hear from you so we can make the adjustments on our end. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Has anyone responded to you at any level? This is so aggravating!

Message 2 of 16
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @DiamondSports and @beetbottoms

Thanks for your patience. 

As of right now, you cannot edit active Team Member email addresses. We can do so on our end, if you want to give us a call. Otherwise, you'd have to create a new Team Member and input the new email address.

Sorry about this! We hope to hear from you so we can make the adjustments on our end. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 3 of 16

Why not? this is such an inconvenience. 

Message 4 of 16

How do I change an employee (team member) email address?

It seems to be locked.

Message 5 of 16
Admin

Hey @mtgurus!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread. I'll make sure to post an update on this when I hear one. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 16

Hello, this question is concerning my business, I need to change the email of a "staff" account, this account is a master login for our calendar, If I delete it all of the future bookings will be lost. Please advise! 

Message 7 of 16
Admin

Hey @EI5!

Good question. Please take a look at my best answer and give us a call. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 16

If the "Best Answer" in no you cannot, then there is no best answer. Fix the function. That's the best answer.

Message 9 of 16

I have to agree, this needs to be fixed ASAP

Message 10 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding your vote to this feature request @twistedSicilian. While we don't have an update at the moment, we'll let you know as soon as we have news to share!  

Message 11 of 16

This issue needs to be resolved by allowing change of email address.  For example, am employee is hired then promoted to a manager and we create a company email address for them.  As manager they get email related to team requests which then goes to their personal address rather than a company address.  This is a security issue. Please resolve by allowing change of email addresses.

Message 12 of 16

It is absolutely crazy that a company like Square does not have a way of allowing us the means to change our Team Member's email address! Come on! You can do better!!

Message 13 of 16

What's even more disappointing is that this thread alone has been running since 2019 and yet this 'enhancement' has not yet been implemented.  We can only assume that Square has no intention of ever fixing this.

And one more note:  the employer should have always had the permission to set the email address that appears on appointments and that that email address should have always been separate from the staff member's personal email address.

I have 6 team members that I'm going to have to call in to get set up properly.

Message 14 of 16

I have several employees who are college students and when they graduate they lose access to their school email account.  I can't go in and change their email address?  This is ridiculous.  Come on Square!  We all pay a lot of money to use your services.  Please make this a priority.

Message 15 of 16

It seems like they could at least make an error message saying this cannot be edited so all of us had not wasted an hour trying to find the way in before we made it to this thread.!

Message 16 of 16