x

How can I change an existing free website into an e-coommerce site? Can the site stay active, as it

How can I change an existing free website into an e-coommerce site? Can the site stay active, as it is now, while I change it?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Slychain

Welcome to the Community! 

I have a few questions for you about your free site. Are you talking about the Square Online Store? Are you wishing to upgrade to something in Weebly? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

We started out site on weebly a few years ago, now we want to upgrade to the square online and add an ecommerce page. Originally, I had planned to make the online store part separately and then find a way to integrate it to the existing site. But I cant reall seem to get any help figuring these issues out. We want to keep to existing site viewable while we work on the new pages. How can we do this?

Message 3 of 6

@Slychain

If you log into your Square Dashboard > Online Store > Upgrade (top right corner). It will take you to a page to pick a plan. 

Or do you already have a Weebly Online Store and wanted to merge it with Square? 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 6

I have already upgraded to square. we have an existing website and it does not have an online store. I want to make an online store for it, but still keep the existing site- all the pages the same. what I want to know is can I work on the online site by adding pages to it and then not publish them how do I do it I can't seem to figure it out. Can I work on the pages as a new site and then copy them to our existing site? We have a domain registered already.

Message 5 of 6

Hey @Slychain - Jumping in for @Kassi. In our Square Online Store you have the ability to edit and create new pages without publishing your work or site. If you are looking to create two websites under one account, you can not do this, there’s no way to “combine” the two sites other than creating links from the navigation button. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 6