x

How can I change an item's price at checkout without specifying it as variable?

I have set and variaboe prcies in my appointments menu, I am a hairstyist, for instance my Shampoo Cut and Style is listed at 45 but I occasionally need to adjust the price which I can do in appointments on  my computer but not on my phone.  That is problem number one.  Second when I proceed to check out customer from the appointments app on my phone it looks like I am checking out for th price I changed to until I it proceed to check out and insert card in to reader then it is reverting to full price is there any way to fix this problem

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@LisaH68

Hey there!

You should be able to change the pricing on a service by using these steps:

Checkout > Tap on the Service > Tap on the Price of the Service and the keypad should popl up to change the price for that specific service.

You will want to make sure you are running the most recent version of the App with the most recent OS on the device itself.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

Kellyj-

I did as you suggested and it worked until I realized that it was just doing a new charge for no tracking of service or even in the appointment. They are still on my book as not checkout, you know the appointment is a muted color when check out, these are not doing so, I mean I am still getting money but the appointments are not being tracked and check out. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@LisaH68

I would suggest you reach out to support when you get a chance please. The pricing should just change and allow you to check out the same appointment.  squ.re/contact

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 6

I have the same problem. I am a hairstylist and have a certain prices assigned to certain service but occasionally need to adjust them during checkout. I used to be able to do this a few updates back but now the app won’t let me manually type in the price I want. It will only let me adjust it by selecting a discount I’ve already had to set up. This doesn’t always work, sometimes my promotions are for a certain dollar amount, not a percentage.  I’d like to be able to change the price during checkout or even during booking, without having to create a variable before hand. Why did this change and is there any way to go back?

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey guys!! You should still be able to change the service price. I would double check that you both are attempting to check out a service rather than an item with the same name as a service. It sounds like it may be an item being selected instead, which would generate the same behaviors you are thinking (Item prices can only be changed under Items if they are not variable priced items).

If it is truly a service, please try these troubleshooting steps and let me know if you both are struggling to change the price of the service:

• Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
  • Force quit the app on your device.
  • Be sure to enable the permissions requested when you open the Square app. This access allows the Square app to communicate with your device to complete payments.
  • If you don’t have any pending offline payments, delete and reinstall the app. See Apple’s support site and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.

Remember, if your device is in Offline Mode, don’t delete and reinstall the Square Point of Sale app. Pending offline payments will be permanently lost and the funds will not be captured if the app is deleted.

Deleting and reinstalling the app will not impact your Square account or completed payments because your data is stored on our servers. If there aren’t any pending offline payments on your account, you can delete the app, reinstall it, and log back into your account with your email address and password.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6