x

How can I change my business address?

I want to use the business address for the account instead of my personal address, how do I do that?

Message 1 of 34
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 6 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Super Seller

Message 22 of 34

How do I remove my home address as a 'business location'? I am online only and my sales are done at events and conventions, not my home. I don't want people getting my address. 

Message 23 of 34
Square Community Moderator

Hii there, @kpopinyourarea. Thanks for asking your question here on the Seller Community. We are always excited to hear new voices around here.

I went ahead and merged your question with an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for clarification on editing the business location. I would recommend this Best Answer from that thread to solve your question. 

Let me know if you have any lingering questions! I am here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 34

@Joe  @Thank you, but unfortunately this thread is not what I asked. I'm aware of how to edit the address. The problem is that I am online ONLY, there is no business address to change my address to. I want to remove my home address from the 'locations' slot because I do not want people seeing my home address along with hours. However, Editing an address does not allow you to leave no business address.

Message 25 of 34

Got it, @kpopinyourarea. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Editing your business location address can also be accessed from the Locations Tab within the Online Dashboard. Since our system does require a valid address under the location settings, I would recommend using a separate address if you did not want to include your physical home address.

It's also helpful to remember that your business location is only included as available information for your customers if it is listed within your Receipt Information. You can choose to opt out of showing your physical location from your Receipt Preferences within your Settings Tab in the Online Dashboard. 

Let me know if that resolves the issue for you! 

Joe
Message 26 of 34

@Joe  If I do not have another address besides a home address, I'm not sure how I am supposed to list a seperate address. That doesn't make any sense. 

The hours are telling me they will be listed for public view along with the address. Is this not correct? Can I hide my address completely? Or will it still show on communications and recipets (even if I change recipets settings)? 

Message 27 of 34

@kpopinyourarea - my suggestion to use a separate address was to stoke any ideas of something other than your own physical address (P.O. box, work address. etc). I realize that one solution is not a one-size-fit all resolution for every Seller.

The only public-facing information for your business (unless you utilize our Online Store) will be what is selected to appear on your receipt information. You can choose to hide your physical address within the receipt settings. 

Joe
Message 28 of 34

@Joe  I just closed my P.O. box as I never used it. I wish Square had an option to remove it completely and only have a private address for square purposes. Many online shops do not use any address for their shop. 

I will remove it there and I guess I will have to run my online shop through a seperate platform when the time comes. Thank you for the help! 

Message 29 of 34

How I can change my Home Address?

Message 30 of 34

Hey @Nails3,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

You can edit your address via Account & Settings > Business Information > Locations. Click on your location to edit your address.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 31 of 34

Thanks Im going to try that.

Message 32 of 34

This DOES NOT WORK to change the mailing address.  Square sent me a business debit card to my old home address and I need to update the mailing address but can't anywhere. 

Message 33 of 34

I am sorry to hear about this experience @Jalfaro. Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 34 of 34