x

How can I change my business type in Square?

Thought I'd be an LLC, but decide to stay Sole-Prop when covid happened. Does anyone know how to change the business type within SquarePOS? Furthermore, how does one change the address associated with the account, not just the "location."

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ixoramemphis

Thanks for posting your question in our Seller Community. Once you create a Square Account you can't change your business type, you would need to open a new account. However, you are able to change your business EIN number if it's a different business. Regarding your address, the only place you can change this is under Account & Setting > Business> Location. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 10

I'm in a similar situation: thought I'd be an LLC but am staying a Sole Proprietorship, but I don't actually remember what I set up my account as. It's been awhile ago. Is there a way we can see what our account is currently set up as (an LLC or Sole Proprietorship)? 

Thanks. 

Love Dogs
Obedience & Wilderness Training
"From Wild Places, With Love"
lovedogspack.com
Message 3 of 10

Hey @lovedogs

We took a look at your account, you are signed up as Professional Services. Our Customer Success Team can help you change the account type. I would give them a call. 

Hope this helps! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 10

Oh, OK. I guess I wasn't aware that was an actual business incorporation. Oops. Is that a type of LLC? I'm a dog trainer, so it sounds like it would fit. But I'm operating as a sole proprietorship for now. 

Thanks for your help. 

Love Dogs
Obedience & Wilderness Training
"From Wild Places, With Love"
lovedogspack.com
Message 5 of 10

Hi there, I am also running in to the same issue.

I did not mean to sign up as Health Services, I would like to switch the business type please.

thanks for your help! 

Message 6 of 10

Hi there @flydevine - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

As @sayra mentioned above, our Support Team will be able to help you with updating your Merchant Category Code. Unfortunately, we do not have this capability here in the Seller Community.

We do require that you confirm some information with us over the phone in order to update this. Feel free to reach out to our Support Team here and they'll be happy to assist you!

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 10

I mistakenly selected the wrong business type when I created my business account. I apparently selected health and wellness but I need it to be a spa business type. 

Message 8 of 10

Hi there @beyondyourbody,

We moved your post to a thread that has the answer to your question. If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳 We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. Hope this helps! 😊

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 10

Where was it moved??

Message 10 of 10