x

How can I change the name of my store/business?

So.... I can't find a way to change the names of the stores, etc. Plus the new stores are not all there. Help? What am I missing? This should be so simple, right? I am sure I am just missing a step somewhere...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 28
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @shcadmin!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

When you say change the names of the store, do you mean your Online Store? You can edit your business/store name from locations in the Square Dashboard

Let me know so I can further assist. Additionally, here is a Support Article with more information on creating your Square Online Store powered by Weebly.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28

Best Answer

Yes, I finally found it, under Store Emails...had to fix it under confirmation, and customer receipt. Was not easy to find.

I really wish there were step by step instructions for those of us who learn by watching...Lol

Thanks

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @shcadmin!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

When you say change the names of the store, do you mean your Online Store? You can edit your business/store name from locations in the Square Dashboard

Let me know so I can further assist. Additionally, here is a Support Article with more information on creating your Square Online Store powered by Weebly.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 28

Perfect! See? I knew it was buried somewhere. Thanks!

Message 3 of 28

I'm having trouble with my UPS Labels. It still says "My Business" at the top instead of the name of my actual business. How do I fix this? 

Message 4 of 28
Alumni

Our team would be able to look into this with you to pinpoint why this is appearing, @Dirty2Dreamy-2!

When you have a moment, please reach out by phone by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 28

Ok thanks 

Message 6 of 28

I received my first order on the first day...great !  But when I received MY copy of the receipt sent to customer, IT HAS MY REALLY OLD BUSINESS NAME ON IT! 

Good thing it's a person I am acquainted with because anyone else would be confused!!  How to correct this????

Message 7 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AnitaKays

Ah I see! Double check a couple of settings to make sure the information matches your current business. 

Go to your Dashboard > Account & Settings > Business > Locations

Also, under Account & Settings > Business > Receipts

Finally, under your settings in the Online Store > Settings > General - Edit the store information, if needed. 

Let me know if this doesn't do the trick! 

Kassi
Message 8 of 28

Best Answer

Yes, I finally found it, under Store Emails...had to fix it under confirmation, and customer receipt. Was not easy to find.

I really wish there were step by step instructions for those of us who learn by watching...Lol

Thanks

Message 9 of 28

I mistakenly named it "cooking pharmacist" thinking about providing nutrition and weight loss coaching services but didn't know it can sound like making illegal drugs.. --;;  How can I change the title or domain?

Message 10 of 28

Hey @zhivago79,

I moved your post to an existing link where this question has been answered already.

This is just for updating the business name that shows though.

As for the domain- check out this thread.

Ashley C
Message 11 of 28

When I go to print my shipping labels thru my online domain, it still shows my old business name. I have changed the name everywhere and still cant seem to change the "ship from" name. I go under the shipping tab on my online page to edit, but it shows my old business name is grayed out (shows up under store name) and doesn't allow me to change it! HELP!!! Thanks!

Message 12 of 28
Admin

Hey @bajankowski!

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread. Hopefully that resolves your issue! Let me know. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 13 of 28

HI there, 

Unfortunately, this did not work for me and is still showing my old business names on my shipping labels. 

Message 14 of 28
Admin

Thanks for trying that, @bajankowski. Are you trying to change the location nickname, or the location display name? If it's the latter, go to Settings > Pickup & Delivery in your Square Online overview page, then click on edit for your location. Click Edit for the location in the sidebar that slides out, and you can change the location display name there.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 15 of 28

Thank you for the information! But, my name is changed there. My shippo labels say the incorrect address. I have change my settings there as well. Thanks for helping!

Message 16 of 28
Alumni

Thanks so much for checking into these spots, @bajankowski!

It sounds like we'll want to take a closer look with you to pinpoint what's going on here. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading to this page.

Valentina
Message 17 of 28

Hi! I am also having the same issue. I cannot change my store name and my shipping labels are coming out incorrectly. I tried to call in but I waited 45 minutes and the team never answered. PLEASE help my shipping labels look so unprofessional....I screenshotted what is happening. I cannot edit this anywhere. I also emailed support about a week ago and have not received a response.  Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 10.12.21 PM.png

Message 18 of 28
Admin

@hancurran Did you try @AdamB's steps on the previous page, too? And that's not working either?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 19 of 28

Did you ever figure this out?  Having same issue myself...I have called customer support 3 times and not figured it out.

Message 20 of 28

Welcome to the Seller Community, @somewhere_inTX 🎉

The ship from name should be synced from your business/store name under locations in the Square Dashboard. Have you tried editing this recently? 

Can you confirm your website URL, and what the ship from name should be? 

Message 21 of 28