x

How can I create discount barcodes on products for the scanner?

How can I create discount barcodes on products for the scanner?

Message 1 of 23
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for surfacing this, @lm64 and @LocavoreStore. At this time, the ability to assign a discount to a UPC or SKU so that it could be scanned during the sale isn't available.

Rest assured that I will share your feedback with the Items team and point out how this would make your workflow more efficient. We will circle back with any other available options or developments. If any other sellers have insight to add, feel free to share any workarounds!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Seriously... this thread was started over 6 years ago.  I'll write the code for free...

Message 22 of 23
Super Seller

@brick@Tpcoll922 @keicollective ;

I found a work around.

Create a Category Coupons.

Create a Discount based on the Items in the coupon or ad your running.

For example :

I had a coupon for 2 Free Votives with coupons from local resorts.

I would scan the Coupon, which was assigned to the Votives price times 2.

Then I had an Automatic Discount applied to that Item (The Coupon Code)

I actually had 3 of these going and each Barcode was named by the resort so I knew which resort sent the most or fewest guests.  

May barcodes SKU (coupons) were like Paradise, Stream, and Cove to reference each Resort.  These 3 'Coupons' were then assigned an Automatic Discount of the $ amount of 2 votives. Which gave the desired result of No charge (FREE) for the 2 votives.   

This worked for me since I do not track inventory on opened boxes of Votives for which people select their free ones from.   But when I run a Coupon, I make a Discount and select that Discount on  my Stand.  I have not tried the Barcode for a Discount and to track inventory yet which I know is needed.  Just giving people an Idea how this worked for me and maybe someone can think of a better work around then I have had. 

I just thought of an automatic item that gets scanned to give a negative amount maybe?  Or maybe setup a 10% off one item in category XYZ.  Then when you scan the coupon with SKU Coupon 10% off, this gets automatically applied to give $$ off for a max of $X.XX. 

Here is a quick thought to try.

My 28oz candles are $20.99.   Someone comes in with a coupon for 10% off 1-28oz candle.

I scan 4 candles then scan the coupon which is Item 10 percent Off.  The 10 percent off is actually Listed as an Item in m Catalog.  Then Create a discount that is automatically applied to Item 10 percent Off item. In Discounts create a $ discount for (20.99 x .10) $2.10... so the over all discount is a $2.10.  If 10 percent Off, needs a Positive value for a $ amount enter .o1 per item and make the Dollar Discount $2.11.  Maybe this will work.  If you can print your own Barcodes to test this like I did when I made my resorts coupons up.

Use a Free barcode Generator online to test a barcode assigned to the Item you create to scan as your Coupon.  

in catalog make Item Coupon Test with SKU 75797554.  Then make a Barcode of 75797554.  Then if it works adjust to your needs if it does not work ... delete the Discount and the Item Coupon Test.

Actually below is the Barcode.  One is PNG and one is a GIF.  If you use a different SKU then the one above of 75797554 you can go here : https://barcode.tec-it.com/en  to insert the SKU you need to link to your item or have Square create one of your  Coupon test  SKU.

12d43348-909b-485b-9826-23647cd99bde.png

GIFGIF

Just let us know if this worked as I am out of the store.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 23 of 23