x

Does a custom invoices message show up on the Square App, as well?

I have set up a default message on invoices on the computer version of Square but it is not showing up on the mobile version.  Why?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@ettalonglaundry YES! From your online Square Dashboard if you enter a custom message to an Invoice, and select Save as Default the same message will appear in any Invoices you send from the app. The same is true if you add a message to the app, you'll see the same message in your Dashboard.

To save a message as the default from the Invoices section of your Square Dashboard:

To save a default message from the Point of Sale app:

1. Navigate to Invoices and tap Create Invoice.
  2. Scroll down and tap Message.
  3. Enter your custom message and toggle on the switch next to Save as Default > tap Save to save your changes.

In this screenshot from the POS app the toggle is on so the custom message will appear on every Invoice.

I recommend making sure you are using the latest version of the Point of Sale app. Check the App Store/Google Playstore for an update. Thanks for your post! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

When will there be the ability to either 1. set up a permanent message on the invoice ("we appreciate your business" does not apply to me, so i have to manually change it on every single invoice).  or 2. have "custom text" and "return policy" appear on the INVOICE. Currently i have to use these sections for my rather lengthy payment/policies, but customers do not see them until AFTER they pay the invoice and receive a receipt. This is not proper.  I need to have the policies on the INVOICE so they know what they are agreeing to before making their commitment.  Currently i have to copy/paste this info into the "message" portion of the invoice. This needs to be a template!

Is there a better workaround in the meantime? ... assuming Square IS working on this, because it seems like a pretty common use.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 27
Square

You are correct. You’re unable to save templates with Square Invoices, but this is a popular feature request and we’re actively working to improve invoices, so I’ll be sharing your feedback with our Product Liaison team..

In the meantime, if you’d like to send the same invoice to a different email address or customer:

- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Invoices.
- Click the invoice you’d like to duplicate.
- Click More > Duplicate.

Message 3 of 27

Just want to add my 2 cents to Kelly's complaint. I have the same issue and would like to have a less generic message on my INVOICES, too. I would appreciate the ability to edit the message once so that the same message appears each time, but it would be worded by me, applicable to my business. 

Lucy, ShadowBoxUSA.com

Message 4 of 27
Square

@ShadowBoxUSA - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We'll be sure to pass it along!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 27

this thread is almost 6 months old and Square still hasn't done this????  I am new to Square and immediately discovered this problem.  6 months is an eternity in the tech world.  Get off your asses!  PayPalNow anyone?

Message 6 of 27
Admin

Hey @alandewald, thanks for getting in touch here.

I went to check on this, and there aren't any developments that we can share at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, and I'll make sure that your experience is documented with our Product Liaison team. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 27

The custom message is too generic to add my business policies also you can't fix the formatting so it looks all messy, it will be nice if we can get some templating for invoices.

Message 8 of 27

Learned years ago! 

Here is your answer how to make a default message on your square account invoices! 

CAN NOT BE DONE ON COMPUTER must be done on the app

1) Log in to create a new invoice 

2) add a customer (i used my own email for this) 

3) add item (anything as its not going to go through)

4) press continue 

5) you will see you can edit the message, edit it and press "make default" 

Save it and its on all your invoice! 

YOUR WELCOME! 

Message 9 of 27
Alumni

@HAUS - thanks for updating this thread with an answer and helping our Sellers! 🙌

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 27
Square

Hi @Clay. Just checked on this for you, and it doesn't appear that custom messages from the Square Dashboard currently sync to the app. It definitely seems like it would be logical thing to sync over. I'll reach out to our product liaison team with this feedback. Thanks for taking the time to write in and surface it! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 11 of 27
Beta Member

Any update on this? It's still not working. This is killing me as I definitely need more than "We appreciate your business" on my app invoice and it's annoying to have to remember to copy and paste on each invoice!!

Message 12 of 27
Alumni

Hi @hudson2001, there's no update yet - we'll make sure to update this thread when we have more details for you. Thanks for your patience! 

Message 13 of 27

Hi, we just started using Square and love everything...except this little issue.  😉   Any word on this getting fixed soon in the iOS phone and tablet versions first 🙂

Cheers

Message 14 of 27
Square Community Moderator

@jaecare Nothing new in regards to this as of right now. Hopefully more interest and seller advocacy picks up. 

If our Product Team is able to make any changes, we'll update everyone. 

Message 15 of 27

Has there been any update to this post?

Message 16 of 27
Admin

Best Answer

@ettalonglaundry YES! From your online Square Dashboard if you enter a custom message to an Invoice, and select Save as Default the same message will appear in any Invoices you send from the app. The same is true if you add a message to the app, you'll see the same message in your Dashboard.

To save a message as the default from the Invoices section of your Square Dashboard:

To save a default message from the Point of Sale app:

1. Navigate to Invoices and tap Create Invoice.
  2. Scroll down and tap Message.
  3. Enter your custom message and toggle on the switch next to Save as Default > tap Save to save your changes.

In this screenshot from the POS app the toggle is on so the custom message will appear on every Invoice.

I recommend making sure you are using the latest version of the Point of Sale app. Check the App Store/Google Playstore for an update. Thanks for your post! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 17 of 27

Is there a way to change the default message. We added a message and didnt know that it would appear on every invoice. If anyone knows how to change or delete the default message, please let me know. Thanks. 

Message 18 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Hi @georgiatraining,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the seller community! You can delete the message the next time you issue an invoice. Please let us know how you go 🙂

Message 19 of 27

The invoices dont contain the custom text I included under the reciept tab.  Is there a place to add custom text for invoices?  

Message 20 of 27
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How can I customize emailed invoices?

Hello @Epod0001! I added your post to this thread -- please see the steps outlined above to save a custom message to your Invoices. You can do this from your online Dashboard or from the Point of Sale app. 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 21 of 27