x

How can I edit the text of the Pickup Instructions and Order Confirmation email?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to change store email body text

I found where to change the headers and footers, however the default details are incorrect for my business.

It says customers pickups will be ready in 1 hour.  This was their default email. 

You will receive an email once your order is ready for pickup. You can pick it up any time during business hours. Go to the register, give your name and order number, and the sales associate will locate your order.

I don't have business hours listed as its my home business, so i need to change this.

Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 147
3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: I need help editing order confirmation email body text

Sorry for the confusion here, @ncff!

You won't be editing your pickup instructions on this page, but rather by heading to your Online DashboardSettings Pickup & Delivery > select location to view side menu > scroll down to Pickup settings > click the Edit button:

You'll be brought to this screen, where you can edit the pickup instructions:

These will appear in a couple of places. First, your customer will see them during the checkout flow, before placing their order:

After placing their order, the pickup instructions will also be included in the email that is sent to them letting them know their order is ready for pickup:

To further clarify for anyone who currently has Curbside Pickup enabled, your customers will see this messaging:
To pick up your order, call XXX-XXX-XXXX when you are outside the pickup location.

If you do not want this messaging to replace your pickup instructions, we recommend disabling Curbside Pickup, as the ability to edit this messaging is currently considered a feature request. I hope this helps, but please let me know if you still have questions! 

Verified Answer

Re: Edit Pickup Instruction in Email Sent to Customers

Hi! Thanks for reaching out! Aside from editing the pickup instructions, which I've included below, make sure your prep time aligns with when you want the orders picked up. This could also be causing the trouble. 

In order to edit your pickup instructions and check your pickup prep times you will need to go to Pickup & Delivery on your Online Store Dashboard then select your location you want to edit. Scroll down until you see Pickup Settings (at the bottom) and click "Edit." Scroll to the bottom again and you can edit the text to give your customers their pickup instructions.

Don't forget to hit save either. 🙂

Also, can you please provide a link to the article you found that was out of date? I would love to take a look at it and see if I need to edit it or simply archive it. Thank you!

Verified Answer

Re: How to change store email body text

Are you wanting to edit the default text shown above, @EGallo?

The default/test email is going to provide vague information related to each fulfillment option (pickup, shipping, etc). The actual email sent to your customers will be specific to the item ordered. Did you process a test order to see the actual email that is sent - as opposed to the preview?

If so, you can edit this content by heading to your website editor:

1. Select Settings from the left-hand sidebar menu, then Email Setup.

2. Once here, you'll scroll down a bit until you see the Email Previews section.

3. I believe the snippet above is from the Order Confirmation email - so go ahead and click the three dots to the right of that option.

4. Select Edit Email - this will take you to your email editor.

5. You have a sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen - pop that out and drag/drop the Text option directly above the default text. 

6. Now you'll click into the text area to edit. Once you've edited and saved, try testing an order - you should see the default text isn't included in the email sent.

You can also add images - and much more - using the sidebar menu. Let us know if questions about the editor come up! If this isn't what you were looking to do, please let me know, @tcooll77.

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Are you wanting to edit the default text shown above, @EGallo?

The default/test email is going to provide vague information related to each fulfillment option (pickup, shipping, etc). The actual email sent to your customers will be specific to the item ordered. Did you process a test order to see the actual email that is sent - as opposed to the preview?

If so, you can edit this content by heading to your website editor:

1. Select Settings from the left-hand sidebar menu, then Email Setup.

2. Once here, you'll scroll down a bit until you see the Email Previews section.

3. I believe the snippet above is from the Order Confirmation email - so go ahead and click the three dots to the right of that option.

4. Select Edit Email - this will take you to your email editor.

5. You have a sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen - pop that out and drag/drop the Text option directly above the default text. 

6. Now you'll click into the text area to edit. Once you've edited and saved, try testing an order - you should see the default text isn't included in the email sent.

You can also add images - and much more - using the sidebar menu. Let us know if questions about the editor come up! If this isn't what you were looking to do, please let me know, @tcooll77.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 147
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry for the confusion here, @ncff!

You won't be editing your pickup instructions on this page, but rather by heading to your Online DashboardSettings Pickup & Delivery > select location to view side menu > scroll down to Pickup settings > click the Edit button:

You'll be brought to this screen, where you can edit the pickup instructions:

These will appear in a couple of places. First, your customer will see them during the checkout flow, before placing their order:

After placing their order, the pickup instructions will also be included in the email that is sent to them letting them know their order is ready for pickup:

To further clarify for anyone who currently has Curbside Pickup enabled, your customers will see this messaging:
To pick up your order, call XXX-XXX-XXXX when you are outside the pickup location.

If you do not want this messaging to replace your pickup instructions, we recommend disabling Curbside Pickup, as the ability to edit this messaging is currently considered a feature request. I hope this helps, but please let me know if you still have questions! 

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 118 of 147
146 REPLIES 146

I found the "Store Emails" section under settings of my online store. There is an edit option for these emails but it just seems to be a preview of what will be sent. Is there a way to edit the text of these autogenerated emails? I would like the text to fit my store more.

Message 2 of 147
Admin

Hey there @jmoshier!

One thing to check first- do you have your Sender Profile created in the Weebly Dashboard? You can find it by heading to Settings > Store Emails. At the top of the page you'll see "Sender Profile." That needs to be completed before you're able to go in and edit the order confirmation emails.

Check there, and if you DO already have that filled out but you're still unable to edit your Online Store emails, let us know and we'll see what else might be happening.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 147

@nika  thank you for the help. I should have read the page better. I am now able to edit the emails.

Message 4 of 147
Beta Member

We're a restaurant setting up online ordering. It seems the email template for order confirmation has uneditable content blocks.

Obviously shouldn't be able to edit actual transaction data - but body of confirmation says "pick up anytime", "go to register", "you have 5 days"... None of that info applies to our pick up policies... and 5 days?? The food would be cold by then!!??

How is the pick up description a locked text box? Shouldn't that be modifiable like a header or footer?? Please help!

Sadly - it seems like people may have asked similar question years ago and it was archived - unresolved?

Message 5 of 147
Admin

Hi @xyz- Check out my answer on this thread above. When you have your sender profile filled out, you should then be able to edit those emails.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 147
Beta Member

Thank you for the reply - I had high hopes that I just missed a setting somewhere - but alas, no.

Email account settings are OK.

When in the email editor - I can select a text box from the design elements. When that is added to the body of the email and then I hover over it I have the option to "edit background, move or delete"

The entire main body of the pre-made email template is divided into sections: order number, sellers address, pickup instructions and download information are all in the top section.

When clicking inside that box - a small grab bar with 8 dots appears at the top of the box. I have the options to move the box up or down the page, or change the background. No ability to enter or change the text in the box or completely delete the box.

Message 7 of 147

I am also having the same problem. My email sender profile is complete. But I am unable to edit the text that tells people when to pick up their orders. It is creating some chaos for us. Please help!

Message 8 of 147
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mhsibbc,

Did you go through @nika's steps above to making your sender profile? 

These emails can't be customized a whole lot but there are some things you can edit. 

Ashley C
Message 9 of 147

Yes, my sender profile is complete. But I am unable to edit the body of the email. So now when someone places an order, they get an automatic email telling them it will be ready for pick up in about 30 minutes. I need to be able to edit that because nothing will be ready for pickup for about a week.

Message 10 of 147

@mhsibbc Have you adjusted your pickup timeframes as well under > Settings?

You can put a prep time to the time you need instead of 30 minutes and it'll update in the email as well. 

Ashley C
Message 11 of 147

Thank you! Your response helped me figure out the problem. In the "Pickup & Delivery" screen on the Online Store, I had to toggle off "Accept Pickup Orders" and then toggle it back on before it would let me access the timeframe where our store would prep pickup orders. If I had not moved that toggle back and forth, there was no way for me to get to that info. 

Message 12 of 147

@mhsibbc Oh that's wonderful!

I'm glad that was all it was. Sorry it was hidden in there for you!

Ashley C
Message 13 of 147

It would be FANTASTIC if more email customization beyond the header and footer were possible. My business has turnaround times that vary wildly depending on the service. The ability to set pickup time per item, or just to include a default pickup messages with no time and to arrange an appointment would be wonderful if we can request a feature. 

Message 14 of 147

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Can I edit the order confirmation email?

I am finding this really confusing. I edited this information on the dashboard. But it's not showing up on the sample layout when I look at it on the back end. So I sent a sample email and I get a confirmation email saying my "downloads" are ready ... ? No pick up copy there at all. And we aren't selling downloads of anything, we're a restaurant. How do I confirm that the pick up instructions are correct if they aren't showing up in the sample layout or the test emails that are sent? 

Message 15 of 147

I have the same situation and the same frustration!

Message 16 of 147
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Can I change text on checkout/order confirmation pages?

Similar questions here -- 

I want to change more specific parts of the emails, not just add new text blocks. Is there a way to edit code or 'advanced options' available for emails? The rigid presets make it difficult to run our to-go sales in a way that's safe and clear for customers and staff.

What is the "You will receive an email...you have 5 days to pick up your order..." paragraph block? What is the Download Information block? Why can't I edit or delete these?

Message 17 of 147
Alumni

@TheRoyale

You're right, any changes made in the receipt section of Dashboard will not reflect in the Online store. Check out this thread that tells you how to edit store emails for online orders. 

Edit your pickup instructions settings from Settings > Pickup and Delivery. Next to your location, click Edit location and scroll down to see the edit option. 

As for 'downloads' appearing in your test confirmation email, I suggest reaching out to our Ecom Team so they can take a look. 

@RyanJBrowne

Unfortunately, there are no other customization options other that what's already offered in the Store Emails Settings of Online Store Dashboard. We are aware those options are limited, but hopefully we can improve in that area soon. 

Justin
Message 18 of 147

Is there a way to turn off the automatic sending of confirmation emails. The options are so limited that they are not helpful. 

Message 19 of 147
Alumni

@Mags - Thanks for your question. 

Right now, it's not possible to disable confirmation emails since it serves as a receipt for the buyer. They need some sort of notification to confirm their order was properly placed. 

If we were able to provide more customization options to the email confirmation feature, what would you like to see? 

Justin
Message 20 of 147

Would like to see customization of the order confirmation e-mail. The automatically generated "time for pick up" is confusing for our customers.

Message 21 of 147