x

How can I ensure the customer names show up in Transactions CSV?

I enter customers for each transaction and they usually show up on the Transactions CSV, but occasionally they don't. Can someone tell me why, and how I can make sure they show up every time?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, and great question!

Whenever a payment card is swiped or dipped through a Square Reader, the name should almost always appear in the transaction report. However, it is possible that when swiping a magnetic stripe card, the payment data is read without capturing the customer name. 

This also means that for certain payments, a name won't be captured (e.g. Invoices, Online Store sales etc.). 

The best way to attach a customer name to a transaction would be to use the Add Customer feature for every sale. 

Check out more information on the Customer Directory and adding customers in this Support Center article: 

Manage Your Customer Directory from the Square App

Message 2 of 3

I am having a similar issue, however even after associating a customer with every transaction, the CSV file contains a header and a blank column under "Customer Name." Why would the information not be transferred to the CSV/Excel file when it is already part of the transaction on the Dashboard?

Message 3 of 3