x

How can I enter an employees timecard manually?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Manual time card entry]

Can I enter a time punch for an employee manually? My business fluctuates and is in different locations around town. But I would like to use the time card function. If I create multiple employees, do I have to create a shift for them or can I have them punch in when the arrive on site? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @timtaylor!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

To answer your first question, yes, you can manually edit or enter an employees shift. 

To view and edit a single shift:

1. Visit the Workday section of your online Square Dashboard > adjust the date and location filters to find the timecard you would like to view.
  2. Locate and select the shift.
  3. Here, you’ll see total hours worked in that shift, paid hours, and labor cost.

To answer your second question, yes. They can clock-in or out from the Point of Sale device, or from the Payroll app. For more information, take a look here.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3

Can I manually enter hours for payroll?  If I use the scheduling feature, does that mean employees have to sign in/out for meal breaks and breaks?  

Asked for Square to have someone call me about Payroll over a week ago and haven't heard anything.....So asking all my questions here.  

Message 3 of 3