x

How can I get two separate "end drawer" for the same day? Without the sales combing the whole day?

How can I get two separate "end drawer" for the same day? Without the sales combing the whole day? We are open for breakfast in the morning, close and re-open for dinner at night. I need to get two different sales reports. At the moment, I am having to subtract the day time from the night and it is a lot of work. Is there a way to simply run two different reports for new drawers? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @theminecafe, welcome and thanks for bringing this up.

If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like you need two separate reports for the day: one for the morning and the other for the evening. You can set up separate reports from the Point of Sale app, though I would suggest that you add a description for each shift (e.g. "Breakfast" and "Dinner"). You'll then be able to view each report for the day from your Cash Drawers tab in the online Square Dashboard. From there, you should be able to view separate reports for each session: start/end time, device, description, and expected amount for each timeframe.

Hopefully this helps clear things up. If I'm missing the mark here, please reply here with a bit more information on what you're looking for, or touch base with our Support Team — they can take a deeper dive into specific reports. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

We already run two separate cash drawer periods with their own deposits, which is half of our goal. Some of this was helpful (we didn't know you could name the different cash drawer sessions) but the larger goal we're trying to accomplish is having a separated reports for tips/cash/cc transactions.

Currently, when we close out our AM service (business from 7am to 3pm), we print a report summary that has all our information (gross, net, tax, tip etc.) Then when we close out our PM service (business from 5pm to 9pm), we print the same report, but it has ALL the information from the entire day (business from 7am to 9pm). So we have to manually subtract our current net sales and tips from the AM service figures in order to determine what our actual PM service transaction figures look like. So maybe the actual question is: is there a way to designate multiple periods of business for the same day?

Message 3 of 4

Hello @theminecafe

I've been giving this post some thought. If you're using the Sales Summary Report to calculate your gross, net, and tips, you should be able to use the time frame drop down to adjust the time you want to view. There is a drop down box above the report that will be defaulted to All Day. If you click on it it will allow you to run the report by the hour.  Check out the image below! 

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for! 😀

Message 4 of 4