x

How can I give my team member permission to access my Square Online Dashboard?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Is there no way for a team member to log in on a web browser?]

Seems basic but I can figure out how a team member can log in on a computer not through the app. I can only assign them a code for logging in on the app.

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @1hbomb-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Here's how you can give your team member/employee access to your Square account on the computer:

1. Sign in to the Team section of your online Square Dashboard > Permissions.
  2. Select an existing role and make sure to enable the permission to have Online Dashboard access: 
  3. Click Save. Any changes made apply to all team members assigned to the role.

For more information on giving team members/employees access to the Online Dashboard, take a look here. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @1hbomb-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Here's how you can give your team member/employee access to your Square account on the computer:

1. Sign in to the Team section of your online Square Dashboard > Permissions.
  2. Select an existing role and make sure to enable the permission to have Online Dashboard access: 
  3. Click Save. Any changes made apply to all team members assigned to the role.

For more information on giving team members/employees access to the Online Dashboard, take a look here. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 21

The access to online dashboard works but is it possible for any team member to export orders for their location? It seems that the emails with the link all go to the site owner.

Thanks

Lilian

Message 3 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey @OdysseyHouston,

The emails for orders will always go to the email on the account because there isn't a way to send those to two different emails. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 21

I'll try this a different way. What goes in the box under email address? Where is the password located in the dashboard, settings, whatever? And again, entering the only employees e-mail address does not allow an e-mail to be sent to them to reset the password. Whatever it was in the first place. How does anyone actually use this service? Every employer with an employee has this same issue. By the way, the slider shown below saying :Access Dashboard" does not exist.

So to restate, no password was ever asked for nor given, and none can be generated. So this service cannot be used by anyone other than the account creator.

2020-06-10_15-22-12.png

Message 5 of 21

Never mind. I figured out a workaround. Had to start over and let the system generate it's own passcode and only then did it prompt for the password. Unreal how difficult. There's clearly a glitch with this system. Not that it should be so hard in the first place. So much was easy, but then you're shut down until you can fix this glitch.

Message 6 of 21

I'm having the same problem. **bleep** is stupid, clunky, and glitchy.

Message 7 of 21

Hi @crystallography - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community.

We need to ask you to refrain from using offensive or harsh language here, as it goes against our Community Etiquette and Guidelines. Future violation will lead to your removal from the Community.

If the above troubleshooting is not working for you in regards to your Team Management, we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly.

Joe
Message 8 of 21

Has there been a solution posted for this very common problem?

Message 9 of 21

Hello there @Zak1

I moved your post here where another seller had a similar question. Take a look at @isabelle best answer on how you can add a Team Member to your Online Dashboard. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 21

The title of this thread has been edited from the original:Magnum

I can't believe no one has asked this question.

Where is the secret information that tells you what your employee (not the account owner, but the Authorized Representative) types in the two simple boxes to log in on a computer? It asks for e-mail address and password. No, not passcode. It asks for a password. What password? It clearly isn't the main account holders password. And, when clicking "I forgot my password", it sends nothing to the users e-mail address. And yes, the e-mail address in question is already entered.

You can set up all the permissions, but then they are all accessible because the employee has to log in using the main password and e-mail address. I can't understand why this is so difficult.

Message 11 of 21
Alumni

If you've already given your auth rep/ employees email access using Team Plus, the email is found in their employee profile on Dashboard. 

But first, your employee has to accept the invitation emailed to them and follow the prompts to create a password before their log in credentials allow them access. 

More on this thread I moved you to. @Magnum

Justin
Message 12 of 21

I have a new device and my square machine is not recognize ING it

Message 13 of 21

How do I get to my dashboard please

Message 14 of 21

Can I add a separate login (computer) so that a second location can login and see what only that location does?

Message 15 of 21
Alumni

Your best bet is to subscribe to Team Plus - an employee mgt tool that essentially allows you to employee logins for Dashboard access. Furthermore, you can assign an employee login to a specific location which restricts their access and visibility into other location. 

Take a look at this best answer. @gordon20

Justin
Message 16 of 21

Hey there, @MJ14

Welcome to the Community!

Permissions under Employee Management would be the direction you want to go to limit what your employee have access to. 

I moved your post to the Permissions thread, so you can see how to it would get set up. 

#Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 17 of 21

I'm a new team member on an account.
How do I access the account?
I open my own dash board and don't see a link taking me to the account I'm given access to.

Message 18 of 21
Admin

Hey @BeachBumBeau!

The account owner will need to ensure that they've set up the right permissions for you to have access. 

I would suggest having the account owner take a look at this article on how to add a team member (which it sounds like they've done) and provide access to you for all the right sections of the dashboard. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 19 of 21

Om the ipad register employees can select more then teams and see each others payroll .  How do I turn that off?

Message 20 of 21

Hey there, @AVMercantile

Welcome back to the Community. 

I would recommend changing the permissions for your employees, so they won't have access to your Payroll information. 

Here is an ongoing thread where sellers have posted some instructions and helpful tips to get those permissions implemented for you. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 21 of 21