x

How can I manage inventory with rental merchandise?

Hi,

We are a ballroom store and we rent dresses to our customers for their events. 

We dont hold funds in case of damage but rather just charge a set fee like 1/3 of price of the dress for the rental.

Is there a way to return the rental dress in the system without refunding the rental fee ? Or will I have to adjust my inventory manually ?

Thank you,

Laura A.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey there @loolieuh - thanks for making your first post to the community! 

At this time, you would need to manually update your inventory to track available dresses. I do definitely see where this would be important for your business and will let our Product Team know that a rental feature would be useful for you.  

Message 2 of 5

Hello! I @loolieuh I also am trying to figure out a way to rent dresses, would love to talk with you about solutions! @Russell, does this mean that we'd have to add the item back to the system each time it's returned?

Message 3 of 5

@Russell, I mean if we'd have to 'create a new item' when it's returned - treat it as new. is this correct?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@sharetowear Helen here from the Community team!

What Russell meant was you'd need to update the stock for that dress from the app or online. When you rent a dress and checkout the customer from the app, the stock will automatically go from 1 to 0 (for example).

When it's returned you'll can change the stock back from 0 to 1, and you don't need to create a new item. The steps to manually update inventory are in our Support Center.

Hopefully @loolieuh can share some tips here too! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 5