x
Highlighted

How can I pay commission based employees?

My employees will not be hourly- they are commission based. How do I do that in the payroll part of the scheduling app?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 65
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Square

Re: Commission base employees

Best Answer

You can add their commission amount to the “Additional” column in "Run Payroll" tab of the Payroll section of your Square Dashboard.

This field allows you to put in a dollar amount to send to your employees in place of, or in addition to, their hourly salary. 👍

Have a look at this video tutorial for step-by-steps on adding commissions to the "Additional" column.

PS - If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Square

Best Answer

You can add their commission amount to the “Additional” column in "Run Payroll" tab of the Payroll section of your Square Dashboard.

This field allows you to put in a dollar amount to send to your employees in place of, or in addition to, their hourly salary. 👍

Have a look at this video tutorial for step-by-steps on adding commissions to the "Additional" column.

PS - If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 65
Highlighted

Thank you Sean... That's awesome. I am a new salon owner and new to the square so this information helped me tremendously... Thank you thank you thank you😊

Message 3 of 65
Highlighted
Square

@Vibebeautyloung - Happy to help, and please keep the posts coming. 😀  If you have a question, most likely someone else will have the same one at some point! 

Message 4 of 65
Highlighted

Payroll isn't available in Oklahoma yet, is there a way I can do this with out using payroll? I need to be able to accept my trainee's payments, but get them to her. Also, I use the capital program, how does that work for accepting employee payments?

Message 5 of 65
Highlighted
Square

I'm afraid your commissions will need to be managed outside of Square, @malbake.

In regards to your Capital repayments, they come from a fixed percentage of your daily credit card sales, so regardless of the employee, the payment will be based on the gross amount processed through your account. Hope that helps clarify!

Message 6 of 65
Highlighted

Thank you!

Message 7 of 65
Highlighted

I'm a salon owner and have an employee that works the desk and takes clients. She's paid hourly and commission for the the walk-in clients during her work hours. I've "categorized' the "salon services" and take payment at the desk. How do I (or can I) add the "services" she does in her payroll on a comission (50%) basis?

Message 8 of 65
Highlighted
Square

Hmm, might need a little more info, @HairLounge93108. Are you not able to calculate the desired amount and add it to the “Additional” column?

Message 9 of 65
Highlighted

It would be nice to assign a service to a specific employee and then have that calculated and automatically pay their 50% commission without needing to figure that seperately.  Something to consider in future developments. Salons and spa employees are generally independent contractors and get paid a commisssion/percentage of the service they do. If you plan on doing payroll please consider these in your options. Also, when reatail is in the spa environment the "employee" generally recieves a 5-10% commission on retail sales as well. 

Message 10 of 65