x

How can I pay commission based employees?

My employees will not be hourly- they are commission based. How do I do that in the payroll part of the scheduling app?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 111
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I wanted to drop in with an update about commissions for everyone here! 💰

We introduced Commission Tracking here back in October, but we recently added some great improvements 

You now have the ability to set up tiered commission rates based on team members' sales, set override rules for specific team members. We'll provide step-by-step screens to help you change your commission settings. To get started setting up your new rules, login to your Dashboard, and navigate to Team > Commission. You can learn more about Commission Structure Tiers here, and how to set up Commission Rates here.

Commission Tracking is currently available to Square Appointments, Team Plus, Payroll, Retail Plus, and Restaurant users. When you use Square Payroll, you can use Commission Tracking to have your team member's commissions imported into your payroll run and paid out on their paycheck. 

Note: Commission tracking is currently only available from your online Square Dashboard.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 73 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

I need to track my independent stylists sales. They do not use the appointments calendar so I dont want to pay for Team Plus. Can i track their sales through the POS app?

Looking back, this question has been asked many times but still no solution?

Message 106 of 111
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BarnethAir - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

Unfortunately, Sales reporting by team member isn't available on the free version of Team Management. If you’re subscribed to Team Plus, the Team Sales Report will show sales per employee, tips, average sale size, and revenue per labor hour. If you're interested, you can start a 30-day free trial of Team Plus.

If you have Square Appointments Plus, you have access to Appointments Reporting, which includes the Team Performance report. 

The Team Performance Report allows you to:

• Measure your team member or business performance, whether you manage a team or you’re a sole proprietor.

• See real-time performance metrics for retention and pre-booking, based on appointments data (not based on sales).

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 107 of 111

I currently use Square Payroll but a different POS system. Is it possible to import sales from Excel and payout commission with taxes taken in Square?

Message 108 of 111

Hi @savasbeth - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I reached out to the Square Payroll Team on this one. They've let me know that "This is not possible. The ER can manually add commissions into a pay run, but we're not able to import sales and commission data from a third party."

Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business. I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Message 109 of 111

Thanks for the welcome! When I enter the commission payment into Square, how do I do that in order to get taxes taken?

Message 110 of 111

If you're using Square Payroll, you'll want to import your commissions following this guide @savasbeth. Square Payroll makes separate debits for taxes based on the tax due date in specific jurisdictions and this article gives you a more detailed breakdown of how taxes, and payroll work. 

Message 111 of 111