x

How can I print 2 receipts following a transaction?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Receipts

How can I print 2 receipts following a transaction? Currently only printing one for customer, none for merchant proof of sale ?

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Receipts

@NeilH74 - then just follow note above ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I think it'd be worth spending 10minutes with the reports page on the square dashboard.

Would be even faster for EoD & EoM checks as it would be a 5 second job to check the Square report is the same as the till report for card sales. Then have a single sheet of paper for the EoD or EoM card sales rather than adding up all the individual sales by hand each time. 

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@JaylaursStudios I think most people reading this would wonder why youโ€™d want the extra paper? 

You can go into your transactions & check them at any time, then print off another copy of the receipt if needed.

If youโ€™re using an external printer a โ€˜hackโ€™ way of doing this would be to set up a 2nd printer station (using the same printer). If you have two stations set up to print a receipt then youโ€™ll get two receipts printed. Although theyโ€™ll both be identical as there doesnโ€™t seem to be a general need for a merchant copy.  

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

@JaylaursStudios I think most people reading this would wonder why youโ€™d want the extra paper? 

You can go into your transactions & check them at any time, then print off another copy of the receipt if needed.

If youโ€™re using an external printer a โ€˜hackโ€™ way of doing this would be to set up a 2nd printer station (using the same printer). If you have two stations set up to print a receipt then youโ€™ll get two receipts printed. Although theyโ€™ll both be identical as there doesnโ€™t seem to be a general need for a merchant copy.  

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 8

Agree, really need ability to print 2 receipts. All.other 'traditional' machines do this automatically.... As for 'why': lots of small business are probably using the Terminal alongside a traditional cash register and without a receipt copy there is no way of proving sales / income without the absolute hassle of logging in the Square and printing out each and every transaction again..... We don't really 'want' the extra paper, more kinda need it....

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

@NeilH74 - then just follow note above ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I think it'd be worth spending 10minutes with the reports page on the square dashboard.

Would be even faster for EoD & EoM checks as it would be a 5 second job to check the Square report is the same as the till report for card sales. Then have a single sheet of paper for the EoD or EoM card sales rather than adding up all the individual sales by hand each time. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 8

You might have to do this manually, this is what I do

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

This would be super helpful as I run a small business and we like using the traditional method. Many delivery providers do the same, such as Just Eat.

Also, adding an action button to quickly reprint last receipt that I could use in the POS home screen will help too. Going through Transactions > Find Sale > Print is time consuming.

Message 6 of 8
Super Seller

Hey @Muzibur - if you check out the "best answer" that tells you how to set your POS to print two receipts ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Pizza Is Chill

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Hi @Sam_400ยบ 

Thanks for the advice! I've set it up now.

It's not great that Square doesn't have basic functionality for takeaway businesses and we have to go through so many workarounds.

Message 8 of 8